Living in a barn

Find how to get help with rent
Darsi
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Living in a barn

Post by Darsi »

I am 61 years old on social security. I have M.S. and arthritis. My estranged husband is a criminal with felony charges. He has left the country. I am living in a barn by choice so I could keep my 3 Yorkshire terriers I raised. The barn is on family Property. I have no running water, bathroom on kitchen. Plus my barn needs some work like air tight windows etc.
I am liking for some resources to help me get my what to be apartment livable. I receive $30.00 some dollars to much on my SSI benefit for food assistance. And housing won't allow me to keep my dogs. If you have any suggestions or contacts I would be very grateful for the resource. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Living in a barn

Post by Admin »

If you are living in a barn, and have MS and arthritis, then you may want to apply for welfare. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... grams.html
As it seems like you must have many financial needs as well as be very low income if you live in a barn. The welfare case manager may help you get your apartment in the barn liveable.
Darsi wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:43 pm I am 61 years old on social security. I have M.S. and arthritis. My estranged husband is a criminal with felony charges. He has left the country. I am living in a barn by choice so I could keep my 3 Yorkshire terriers I raised. The barn is on family Property. I have no running water, bathroom on kitchen. Plus my barn needs some work like air tight windows etc.
I am liking for some resources to help me get my what to be apartment livable. I receive $30.00 some dollars to much on my SSI benefit for food assistance. And housing won't allow me to keep my dogs. If you have any suggestions or contacts I would be very grateful for the resource. Thank you.
KristenK

Re: Living in a barn

Post by KristenK »

Hello,   My name is Kelly. I live in a barn and I am a financial crisis due to separation from my husband.  Right now, I am a single parent of two kids 11 and 15.  I am currently being evicted due to nonpayment of rent and my lights are going to get cut off in the barn I live in.  We have nowhere to go, if you all can help my kids and I from being homeless and with electricity, it will be greatly appreciated.  I have never been in this situation before and really don't know where to turn.  I do work full time but with no assistance I have fell behind. Please help.
Thank you and God Bless!