Supportive housing for cerebral palsy

Find how to get help with rent
Nia Nacci
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Supportive housing for cerebral palsy

Post by Nia Nacci »

Need info on housing Assistance for my 26 year old daughter with cerebral palsy. We were living in my parents’ Home & they moved & sold the home. We now are living in an apartment & struggling to make ends meet. My daughter also has 3 therapy cats & the apartment management requires $500 pet deposit each. Her cats are in temporary foster homes until we can get them back. My daughter also requires medical care from time to time. She is receiving survivor benefits right now because her father died. Before that she received SSI. Also, can she apply for food stamps?
ChuckieMac

Re: Supportive housing for cerebral palsy

Post by ChuckieMac »

I need some emergency help with my rent and housing as we are being evicted. We're behind on our other bills also, car and insurance, storage units with our entire house stored in them. Our phone has been shut off and behind on a couple other bills. I am on disability from Worker Compensation (from cerebral palsy) and my most current award ran out and they say they never received my application for a PTD award so resubmitting another application but could take a few months to process and be approved.
My wife requires full time looking after as she is bipolar and has severe schizophrenia and cerebral palsy all caused by severe abuse from her ex-husband. We are just needing an immediate solution. Short term we do have the means to improve our situation financially very shortly as soon as my disability income resumes paying as it has since 2011 plus my wife is going to be getting a monthly income for life from a trust that her mother left her when she passed away earlier this year. It was almost through the probate process so she should start seeing a good income from it soon. We are not looking for a hand out rather just a hand up and we would rather take any help in the form of a loan and allow us to pay it back when our funds get back to normal and make it available again for someone else that needs the help as badly as we do right now.
Anya

Re: Supportive housing for cerebral palsy

Post by Anya »

Good Evening,
My name is Kazeem. I'm living in Springfield Massachusetts with my 13 years old son and 10 years cerebral palsy daughter and we need housing. My wife and I have a friend who gave us one room for free to be managed.
We came from Nigeria on a tourist visa last year December 2022 precisely. We got here on a tourist visa, and we were advised to seek for my daughter's medical needs about her disability which have affected my emotions, finances and my spiritually.
She got admitted at Shriners Children’s hospital and they did both hips replacement for her around May-July 2023.
We had no place to live now because my friend who offered us a room has already given us an ultimatum to move out of the house. So we need supportive housing for my daughter with cerebral palsy.
My daughter is in a wheelchair and life will be terrible for us from next month October 2023.
I am seeking for house assistance from your organization and I hope you can help me out especially for my cerebral palsy daughter .
I shall be looking forward to hearing from you.