Subsidized and section 8 place needed in Massachusetts

Find how to get help with rent
Cykas
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Subsidized and section 8 place needed in Massachusetts

Post by Cykas »

Hello. I am fifty-seven years old. I have been disabled for many years. I have lost my family homestead recently and have been temporarily living on the charity of others. I have no more people to turn to, and have been told that I may have to go to a homeless shelter. I honestly do not think I could survive there because they send you outside all day long which is something I am unable to do.
I live in Quincy, MA, and I am told the waiting list for subsidized housing is five years, and section 8 is at least ten years here. Could you help me? I have been a taxpayer and voter my whole life. When I could work, I did so with great determination. I was an asset to my small community. Thank you most kindly for your time.
Villers

Re: Subsidized and section 8 place needed in Massachusetts

Post by Villers »

Hello, I am looking for help with subsidized housing. A little info about me - I'm 34 (DOB 6/6/84).  I am in the Lawrence MA area. I have two children and 8 year old and a 9 month old and pregnant. I am homeless and DCF has my 9 months old until I get section 8 housing. The problem is I can't get emergency shelter through DCF because I was evicted from public housing because of a domestic violence incident between my child's father and myself in which he kicked in the door. I am going to appeal the decision because I wasn't at fault and he was arrested for that. I just really need help. I am doing everything to bring my children home, but I need a place to call home first and subsidized section 8 is great. I hope you can help if not can you point me to the right direction. I don’t know if there is anywhere there would donate a house to someone like me and my family to help us get back on our feet and become stable and bring my child/children home. I am even looking for someone to donate me a  home if that is a thing I heard it from somewhere, but I don't know if it's real, so I'll ask anyways.  Thank you God bless.
Ford999

Post by Ford999 »

Hello, My name us Kristen and I'm currently  a resident in Revere mass. I just received my section  8 voucher through  Malden housing  authority and I am looking  to rent a 4 bedroom apartment for myself  and 3 children. I have 2 mentally  disabled children,  one receiving  SSI benefits. We also receive  TAFDC benefits  and food stamps.
We currently  live instate aided project housing  and I've waited since 2008 for my section  8 voucher in Massachusetts. A lot of places that are willing to accept section  8, which are not many, want the security  deposit  due at signing plus first and last. I'm also finding most units do not include utilities  and I currently  owe a large past due disconnected gas bill with national  grid. I can use any assistance  available.  I'm limited to where I can move to due to the fact I do not have a vehicle  for transportation  and my 2 children with disabilities  have a wraparound  team of mental health  providers in this area, which is crucial to their quality of life to stay consistent  with that team. If you can connect me with any assistance  for section 8 places in Massachusetts that would be great. I have a few places lined up to look at, but like I stated the want the money up front, or to know it approved and readily  accessible. I'm looking  to sign a lease f lo are October 1, no later than November 1st. I lose my voucher on November 7th if I fail to find a unit. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The Malden Housing Authority can help the low income and disabled. Especially if you have 2 mentally disabled ones.
If you have waited since 2008, that is a LONG time....12 years seems long for section 8. While there is always a waiting list, something sounds wrong there.
Anyway, look into this for Malden and Massachusetts section 8 housing authorities .

Ford999 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:45 am Hello, My name us Kristen and I'm currently  a resident in Revere mass. I just received my section  8 voucher through  Malden housing  authority and I am looking  to rent a 4 bedroom apartment for myself  and 3 children. I have 2 mentally  disabled children,  one receiving  SSI benefits. We also receive  TAFDC benefits  and food stamps.
We currently  live instate aided project housing  and I've waited since 2008 for my section  8 voucher in Massachusetts. A lot of places that are willing to accept section  8, which are not many, want the security  deposit  due at signing plus first and last. I'm also finding most units do not include utilities  and I currently  owe a large past due disconnected gas bill with national  grid. I can use any assistance  available.  I'm limited to where I can move to due to the fact I do not have a vehicle  for transportation  and my 2 children with disabilities  have a wraparound  team of mental health  providers in this area, which is crucial to their quality of life to stay consistent  with that team. If you can connect me with any assistance  for section 8 places in Massachusetts that would be great. I have a few places lined up to look at, but like I stated the want the money up front, or to know it approved and readily  accessible. I'm looking  to sign a lease f lo are October 1, no later than November 1st. I lose my voucher on November 7th if I fail to find a unit. Thank you.