section 8 re-certification

Find how to get help with rent
Fritz
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

section 8 re-certification

Post by Fritz »

I am emailing to see if I'm able to receive any help with keeping my home for me and my children, and the issue is a recertification of my voucher. I came to Missouri last year with my section 8 which I had for 3 years prior to coming here, I had to go bury my father in May and while I was there my house was burglarized while I was in Minnesota attending his funeral. I got a call from St. Louis county police department telling me this, so when I arrived home there was a vacant slip in the mailbox done by the mail lady and all the mail was gone along with other things and a poisoned dog.
Around the same time section 8 was sending me recertification papers for a new year on section 8, those papers got sent back twice and there was only a 10 day window to appeal it. I only know that I lost the section 8 because my landlord text me and 5 days before August 1st saying pay cash or move cause they done took your section 8 and texted me the papers which I have never gotten or seen. So a with no job it put me on the spot and I couldn't pay now me and my 4 children are being evicted out of our home in Florissant Missouri with a hearing date of September 7th 2019. It’s a small city so there's not many resources I have found with funds. If there's any help or assistance to help us please do.
Florissant Missouri 63031
Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: section 8 re-certification

Post by Admin »

We are not sure how re certification occurs. But try a public housing authority (PHA) in Missouri. There are several. They can help with section 8 vouchers, and you can find them and learn more here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... souri.html
Generally there is a waiting list though (often long) and limits to what you can or can't do, as it is a HUD program with a limited budget.
Fritz wrote:I am emailing to see if I'm able to receive any help with keeping my home for me and my children, and the issue is a recertification of my voucher. I came to Missouri last year with my section 8 which I had for 3 years prior to coming here, I had to go bury my father in May and while I was there my house was burglarized while I was in Minnesota attending his funeral. I got a call from St. Louis county police department telling me this, so when I arrived home there was a vacant slip in the mailbox done by the mail lady and all the mail was gone along with other things and a poisoned dog.
Around the same time section 8 was sending me recertification papers for a new year on section 8, those papers got sent back twice and there was only a 10 day window to appeal it. I only know that I lost the section 8 because my landlord text me and 5 days before August 1st saying pay cash or move cause they done took your section 8 and texted me the papers which I have never gotten or seen. So a with no job it put me on the spot and I couldn't pay now me and my 4 children are being evicted out of our home in Florissant Missouri with a hearing date of September 7th 2019. It’s a small city so there's not many resources I have found with funds. If there's any help or assistance to help us please do.
Florissant Missouri 63031
Thank you for your time.
cat1

Post by cat1 »

I am a disabled senior (62+) living in a rural area in Colusa County. My health is declining and I need to be near a hospital, which means I have to move to another county since there is no hospital here.
I have a Section 8 voucher in Contra Costa County, where I need to move, which is due to expire on July 15th so needs re certification. I recently missed out on a good apartment, because I was unable to come up with the security deposit. When I applied to Shelter Inc., there, I was told they only help local residents. Then I applied where I'm living now, but was told they only help the homeless and they only use the money locally, not in another county.
Are there any resources to help someone moving to another county or not with section 8 recertification? All the programs favor their own residents and jurisdictions. I could also use help with moving expenses, if that's available.
Thank you for any advice you can give me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is a public housing authority in Contra Costa County. They may help with the recertification. Or provide other funds for rent or moving costs. But whether you can get a home or apartment by a hospital is an entirely different issue, as they may not even have any open. But call around, and learn more here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... assis.html
cat1 wrote:I am a disabled senior (62+) living in a rural area in Colusa County. My health is declining and I need to be near a hospital, which means I have to move to another county since there is no hospital here.
I have a Section 8 voucher in Contra Costa County, where I need to move, which is due to expire on July 15th so needs re certification..
Marley

Post by Marley »

I am currently late on my rent, due to some family emergencies. I need my section 8 re-certified. I contacted the Landlord for an extension to pay my August rent on August 19 2020, he made a big deal out of it and sent me an 5 day Eviction Notice on August 05 2020. I emailed him in writing that I needed this extension as well as re-certification I have not heard from him, I have Section 8, and have only been late one time in 8 months, can someone please help me with Rental Assistant or the section 8 re-certification. I am currently disabled, and on Section 8.