Lease termination fee

Find how to get help with rent
silva
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Lease termination fee

Post by silva »

Job was terminated unexpectedly. Had to leave apartment before contract expired. Had to move to SC for immediate employment. Willing to pay 60 days in rental fees, but I cannot pay the additional "termination" fee of $1400. They are keeping my deposit. I have to be able to afford housing in Charleston, SC, where my new job is located. Currently I am living in Columbia and driving to Charleston daily. Thank you for any advice that you can give me.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Lease termination fee

Post by Admin »

Odds are you will love the move to Charleston SC as it is rated as one of best places to live...in particular Mt Pleasant. So many people continue to move here and support that concept too. Good for you to move for that job. As far as the lease termination fee, maybe ask some of the agencies in Charleston SC have referrals. As you did not say where moving from. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... rams1.html
silva wrote:Job was terminated unexpectedly. Had to leave apartment before contract expired. Had to move to SC for immediate employment. Willing to pay 60 days in rental fees, but I cannot pay the additional "termination" fee of $1400. They are keeping my deposit. I have to be able to afford housing in Charleston, SC, where my new job is located. Currently I am living in Columbia and driving to Charleston daily. Thank you for any advice that you can give me.