Maine, on SSDI, need help making ends meet

Find how to get help with rent
MissJaen
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Maine, on SSDI, need help making ends meet

Post by MissJaen »

Hi, I live in central Maine. I'm on SSDI because of a bone condition from birth. I can't do much or get around (no car). I make just over $700 a month. I'm currently sharing an apartment with a friend and pay $450 a month for my share of the rent. It leaves me very tight with food, phone (I need to call for help if I get hurt, but I already picked a low play of $15/Mo for that to save $$) and so on. I'm applying for section 8 and Avesta Housing, hoping to get something before the end of the lease in April since I can't stay with this friend.

I'm more so looking for immediate help in my current place so just maybe I can put aside even a tiny bit of money for a deposit when time comes to move. (Never mind trying to save for some sort of transportation.) From what I understand I think my only option could be General Assistance? I didn't have great experience in my last town with that, they threatened to deny me more so because I was still paying for a phone. I need to call my doctors, SSA, and like I said, help if I get hurt (happens a lot with my condition). I also wonder if it would work because I'm staying with a friend and although the landlord knows I live here, I never signed a lease (They were fine with it, I offered to but I don't know). Anyway, what other services could I look into? Thank you for any and all advice ^_^
Eckhard
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Maine, on SSDI, need help making ends meet

Post by Eckhard »

Good morning,
My name is Sheila. I live in Maine and my only income is from SSDI. I am a disabled senior seeking financial assistance for auto repairs. I live in northern part of Maine. I live in a rural area and my only income is my SSDI. I have many health issues and I desperately depend on my one and only vehicle. If you could possibly assist me in locating help with getting it fixed I would greatly appreciate it.