Needing rental properties

Find how to get help with rent
Momsscolar
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Needing rental properties

Post by Momsscolar »

I'm needing help locating reasonably priced housing for myself and family. I am employed full time. At present, we are staying with friends to keep us from homeless shelters or the streets. We have been searching local publications and searching online for reasonably priced rental houses that are not in complete disrepair. No luck so far, and was wondering if you guys would happen to know places to look or have a listing of rental properties that may not be advertised to the public. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Lala Ivey
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Needing rental properties

Post by Lala Ivey »

I just received an eviction notice from my current residence in Salem, NH, which is a rental property. I've lived in the unit since 11/08/08. The current owner has decided to sell the unit. I have until December 30, 2023 to vacate the property.
My preference is to find a new to me affordable rental property in MA. I was born and raised in Lexington, MA, and lived there for 45 years before moving up to Salem, NH.
I'm 66, and still working full-time fully remotely. Location isn't as important as the cost of the rent. I'm about to convert from a temporary or contract worker to a direct hire employee at the company where I've worked since 02/14/22. Depending upon how long it takes to complete the remainder of the paperwork and the background check, I would be converted on December 2023. They only start new hires every other Monday.
Because I'm about to become homeless, I'm looking for help in cutting the red tape to get into a new rental. I'm financially solvent with sufficient funds to put down for 1st, last, and security deposit. My preference is either a first floor unit if it's a walk up, or a top floor unit with an elevator in the building. I'm getting too old to be walking up and down full flights of stairs carrying my groceries and laundry.
I'm currently paying $875.00 for a 1-Bedroom which is around 730+ sq ft. I've been fortunate to pay this low of a rent because the unit is in need of a lot of upgrades which I was willing to overlook. Other units in this complex are going for $1,200 to $1,500+ per month for a single bedroom, and higher for the 2 bedrooms.
I have a cat which would also be moving in with me when I move to a new rental property.
I'll need access to a reliable/dedicated internet connection for work with space to set up a laptop and two 32" monitors, as well as off-street parking for one vehicle.
I would appreciate any assistance I can get in locating a new place to live because of the short notice I was given by my landlord.