Need help with rent/deposit

Find how to get help with rent
Irisheyes
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need help with rent/deposit

Post by Irisheyes »

I am a disabled person trying to find housing in Washington State. I am staying with friends at that moment, but would like to find my own place ASAP. I live in the Tacoma area which is Pierce County. I would also be willing to move to Federal Way, WA which is in King county. Can you provide me with information on where I can obtain assistance with rent and the deposit? Any ideas on housing for low income disabled persons? I do have applications on file with King County Housing and with a couple of HUD properties. I'm also checking into some of the Tax Credit properties, but they tend to want more for rent then I can afford on my small income. Thank you in advance for your help!!!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need help with rent/deposit

Post by Admin »

Two different agencies to contact for help include Pierce County Community Action Program ( (253) 798-6266 ) and the Metropolitan Development Council Pierce County (253) 597-6710

In particular I know that the community action agency has several housing and rent programs that fall under the Pierce County Housing Programs. They have repair programs, low income, provide grants for rent and deposits, and much more. They should be able to help, or provide more info on who to contact.

Here is also more info on washington state assistance programs.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html

Irisheyes wrote:I am a disabled person trying to find housing in Washington State. I am staying with friends at that moment, but would like to find my own place ASAP. I live in the Tacoma area which is Pierce County. I would also be willing to move to Federal Way, WA which is in King county. Can you provide me with information on where I can obtain assistance with rent and the deposit? Any ideas on housing for low income disabled persons? I do have applications on file with King County Housing and with a couple of HUD properties. I'm also checking into some of the Tax Credit properties, but they tend to want more for rent then I can afford on my small income. Thank you in advance for your help!!!
mickmcguire72

Looking for help with security deposit and rent

Post by mickmcguire72 »

Hello, My name is Dawn I am looking for help with a security deposit to be able to rent a bigger apartment. My son and I live in a studio apartment and I can afford the rent but because I pretty much paycheck to paycheck I have a hard time saving up for a deposit for a bigger place to rent. My son is 13 years old and it is hard in a studio apratment. I do not receive any extra help like food stamps,medicaid, rental asst. or anything like that. I live in New jersey in Ocean county. please if any one knows anyone that can help please let me know i would be very grateful, Thank you for your time, Dawn
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Dawn,
In Ocean City NJ try this option. Try calling the Ocean Community for Economic Action Now, Inc., which is the local community action/social services agency. They run programs to keep people in their homes, and pay security deposits. The phone number is (732) 244-5333. Here is more info on various new jersey assistance programs.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
l.roy98

Seeking assistance with paying for my rent

Post by l.roy98 »

To Whom It May Concern,
I am desperately seeking assistance with my rent expenses. I am unemployed but constantly/actively searching for employment. I have worked 2-3 weeks temporary assignments (only jobs available). I am currently under a 3rd evaluation for unemployment benefits. It is a severe struggle to pay my rent ($730 plus $22 late fee), my bills (reconnection fees), CTA transportation (job searching) and food. It take 3 weeks to receive EUC. I'm always 2 weeks behind with rent and bills because I have to collect 2 checks at a time. It's pay on time or starve situation. I can't even afford medical insurance for myself. Please assist or direct me to any programs that can help me in Boise. Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
Respectfully,
bostonrob

Post by bostonrob »

I really need some help paying my rent for this.month the landlord has already sent me a notice and I'm struggling so much by myself with 4 kids. If I could please get some help for this month I would be very thankful. I live in Birmingham Alabama, and the economy is bad here. My name is roberta. I have an email that I rarly get on so if anyone could please give me a call as soon as possible it would be great.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Rob, In Birmingham and Jefferson County Alabama try these services and non-profits. Many offer immediate rent help, as funding allows.
Birmingham Urban League 205-326-0162 offers various housing programs, including rent and foreclosure.
Pathways (205) 322-6854 is a charity that may have some funds, or can refer you to other places.
Also call the Jefferson County Committee for Economic Opportunity, the local community action agency at 205-327-7500

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pr4.html
bostonrob wrote:I really need some help paying my rent for this.month the landlord has already sent me a notice and I'm struggling so much by myself with 4 kids. If I could please get some help for this month I would be very thankful. I live in Birmingham Alabama, and the economy is bad here. My name is roberta. I have an email that I rarly get on so if anyone could please give me a call as soon as possible it would be great.
lp141

Post by lp141 »

My husband is in the army and he is going to Korea and me and our 2 girls are moving to fort hood and i found a home but we dont have the money to pay the deposit and rent to move in. is there anything that will help me. i am at a lose on what to do and am afraid we wont get a house to live in. Does the army have rent deposit help. please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Looking for help with security deposit and rent

Post by Admin »

Hi. I do know of programs in Ocean County New Jersey.
I would say try calling the Community Action Agency at (517) 784-4800. They offer options like foreclosure counseling, access to food stamp programs, and most importantly assistance on Ocean County and New Jersey assistance programs. They also have information on local housing programs, including places where to get a bigger apartment from and who to call to do that.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rogra.html

mickmcguire72 wrote:Hello, My name is Dawn I am looking for help with a security deposit to be able to rent a bigger apartment. My son and I live in a studio apartment and I can afford the rent but because I pretty much paycheck to paycheck I have a hard time saving up for a deposit for a bigger place to rent. My son is 13 years old and it is hard in a studio apratment. I do not receive any extra help like food stamps,medicaid, rental asst. or anything like that. I live in New jersey in Ocean county. please if any one knows anyone that can help please let me know i would be very grateful, Thank you for your time, Dawn
Futy

Post by Futy »

I am 36, have had 3 open heart surgeries all have failed, I am now disabled and hardly able to function as my wife needs to be my caretaker. I get disability, $1281 after a tax lien and a judgement. Our rent is $1600 without utilities, we get help from PSEG and have just gotten some help for water and sewer. I cannot find the right place to go to for rental assistance, as it is not section 8 housing and the landlord will not accept a voucher. It sounds like alot of money, but if you know this area a 3 bedroom runs more than $1600, We are a family of four, myself,my wife, my 6 yr old son and 17 yr old stepdaughter. Please direct me to a few places where I can get rental assistance and if possible help with the security deposit, as when i try , I get no where, I thank you for your help, God Bless you for helping me and people like me. thank you so much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So that must be California. Is it rent, or electric help you need as PSEG is a utility company? I am assuming it is utility and energy bill help. If so here is details on all the California state and utility company assistance programs. You may be able to qualify for the California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) program, which is offered statewide and helps thousands every year across the state. Pacific Gas also runs the Family Electric Rate Assistance (FERA), another discount/credit program.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cal ... oling.html

Futy wrote:I am 36, have had 3 open heart surgeries all have failed, I am now disabled and hardly able to function as my wife needs to be my caretaker. I get disability, $1281 after a tax lien and a judgement. Our rent is $1600 without utilities, we get help from PSEG and have just gotten some help for water and sewer. I cannot find the right place to go to for rental assistance, as it is not section 8 housing and the landlord will not accept a voucher. It sounds like alot of money, but if you know this area a 3 bedroom runs more than $1600, We are a family of four, myself,my wife, my 6 yr old son and 17 yr old stepdaughter. Please direct me to a few places where I can get rental assistance and if possible help with the security deposit, as when i try , I get no where, I thank you for your help, God Bless you for helping me and people like me. thank you so much.
James1

Post by James1 »

I am looking for a place to live. My roommates, house was foreclosed on and we all have to be out of the house by October 9th. They have already found a place and are moving Saturday, October 1st, 2011 to their new home. I live on Social Security of $748 per month and have a German Shepherd Mix Breed (quiet and well mannered) and a few cats. I can not part with them, they are the only family I have. I wasn’t planning on this, I have a very small amount of money to work with...I need something soon, please help. I have an appointment on October 6th in the afternoon to try to get SSI, which will help my income go up to about $1150 per month, with God’s favor. They do back pay, not sure how far back, but the guy on the phone today said maybe up to a year, which would help me pay the deposit and stuff, I’m not sure how long it takes them to pay me though, and I’m not sure I’ll get it for sure, so I don’t want to put all my eggs in that basket, as the saying goes. The guy on the phone said though that I should qualify, based on what he saw in their database...I just have to go through their application process. I’m home pretty much all the time, so my pets are well taken care of. I’m a believer of Jesus, and spend a lot of time watching a variety of Christian programs, read a lot of Christian books, listen to a lot of Christian cd’s, and read my Bible. I stay to myself, and I’m a quiet person...I just have pets because I don’t have family, so I devote a lot of time to them. Thank you.
God bless you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While applying for SSI is a good option, we never want people to rely on the government. You need to find a way to get back on track on your own, develop self-sufficiency and pride, and pay your own bills, rent, and debts. Once people do this they feel great about themselves. Try this link for details on Missouri assistance programs. If you lost your home to foreclosure, your credit may be poor so need to work on that too. So also try a credit counselor too.
James1 wrote:I am looking for a place to live. My roommates, house was foreclosed on and we all have to be out of the house by October 9th. They have already found a place and are moving Saturday, October 1st, 2011 to their new home. I live on Social Security of $748 per month and have a German Shepherd Mix Breed (quiet and well mannered) and a few cats. I can not part with them, they are the only family I have. I wasn’t planning on this, I have a very small amount of money to work with...I need something soon, please help. I have an appointment on October 6th in the afternoon to try to get SSI, which will help my income go up to about $1150 per month, with God’s favor. They do back pay, not sure how far back, but the guy on the phone today said maybe up to a year, which would help me pay the deposit and stuff, I’m not sure how long it takes them to pay me though, and I’m not sure I’ll get it for sure, so I don’t want to put all my eggs in that basket, as the saying goes. The guy on the phone said though that I should qualify, based on what he saw in their database...I just have to go through their application process. I’m home pretty much all the time, so my pets are well taken care of. I’m a believer of Jesus, and spend a lot of time watching a variety of Christian programs, read a lot of Christian books, listen to a lot of Christian cd’s, and read my Bible. I stay to myself, and I’m a quiet person...I just have pets because I don’t have family, so I devote a lot of time to them. Thank you.
God bless you.
SafeHaven

Post by SafeHaven »

I am new to the Seattle, WA area I am currently living in the Catholic Charities housing with myself and one child who is 3. We only have until February 29 to live here and I need assistance with security deposit and first months rent. I am working however I just started a week ago and am concerned that I wont have enough saved in time to obtain a home for us. We also have nothing in regards to beds or furniture. I am truly trusting in GOD that his word truly never goes void and that someone will help us with what we desperately need. I am asking for help of all kinds and I am very appreciative for any and all help. Thank you. Seattle,WA 98121. You and GOD BLESS whoever you are.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Have you asked the Seattle Catholic charities for help, if staying with them? Many offer some form of rapid rehousing, which may pay for deposit and/or first months rent. Try the Salvation Army for furniture and household items for a new home too. Locate more Seattle rent assistance programs here. Keep saving money while you are at that shelter too, as savings our key.
SafeHaven wrote:I am new to the Seattle, WA area I am currently living in the Catholic Charities housing with myself and one child who is 3. We only have until February 29 to live here and I need assistance with security deposit and first months rent. I am working however I just started a week ago and am concerned that I wont have enough saved in time to obtain a home for us. We also have nothing in regards to beds or furniture. I am truly trusting in GOD that his word truly never goes void and that someone will help us with what we desperately need. I am asking for help of all kinds and I am very appreciative for any and all help. Thank you. Seattle,WA 98121. You and GOD BLESS whoever you are.