Motel 6

Find how to get help with rent
Dennis
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Motel 6

Post by Dennis »

Hello. I live in Gastonia, NC. I am living at the motel 6 here. I am on disability. I had a stroke last year. I have 3 children that are in DSS custody. It all comes down to me having a home I can afford. I want my children back very much so. I do not do drugs or drink. I do have a very small dog who is house broken. Sable is part of my life. She is part of my family. She worries about me when I worry or am sick.
I have looked all over the internet for help and cannot find any. I have 700 dollars left this month and cannot find a place. I don't know what to do. I need help so bad. I have to go back to court the 15th of this month for my kids. I do not drive. Is there any way you could possibly help me? Thank you so much!!
Williams

Re: Motel 6

Post by Williams »

Hi, I was wondering if you helped with deposits for apartments or have a program that help find a place other than the Motel 6. I have a 11 month son and his father ...he works some time only when the temp agency had work can’t find an thing steady so the money we get goes to gas and like motels because we refuses to have a baby in a car or somewhere that's not comfortable. So yeah..I work and I don’t make enough in a week to get a place. They want first month, last month + its lot of money and I’m trying so hard so as of today we have nowhere to go. I have no family they moved out of state. I really need help as I don't know what to do. Thanks have blessed day.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

instead of a motel 6, try low income and transitional housing in Buffalo. They can probably get you off the streets and somewhere safe. As the Motel 6 is a short term solution, and it will cost you money to stay there over the days and weeks. Transitional housing may be a better option for you.
Williams wrote:Hi, I was wondering if you helped with deposits for apartments or have a program that help find a place other than the Motel 6
MTrout

Post by MTrout »

Hi, I have 5 kids - 3 girl and 2 boys. We lost are house and everything in it, I do mean everything, so now I'm paying for a motel 6 room for us. Well not I'm not because I'm out of money and me and my kids could use some helping paying for the motel 6 room or if you know any places that will help me pay for are motel room, and since all this is going on I can't afford Christmas for my kids either. And my kids will be so sad on Christmas because they have nothing for Christmas, please help us somehow, anything will work. It can be used stuff and or brand new cheap stuff. We are in Jacksonville Florida in the motel 6 room, thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Churches can often help people that lost everything. Food, furniture and more - maybe for all 5 of the kids too. Find help with bills from churches.
MTrout wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:25 am Hi, I have 5 kids - 3 girl and 2 boys. We lost are house and everything in it, I do mean everything, so now I'm paying for a motel 6 room for us.
PrestonJames

Post by PrestonJames »

Hello,
I hope you are well. My name is April and my partner of 22 years and I are homeless. We fought a violent, horrific landlord for almost 2 years dealing with assault and harassment. In the end he sold his house and since Feb 2022 we have been living at the motel 6 in OKC. My partner Lonnie works at Snow Joes warehouse in receiving, and I am on SSDI . I was referred here by Mary and Jennifer. We have been unable to find affordable housing. We have an older 80 lb dog, and a non compliance eviction from 2019 that I have all the paperwork to, as it was wrongful. But she had a better lawyer.
This has been a nightmare, we have never had to live this way.
Every 28 days we have to leave for 48 hours so we cannot claim residency. We stayed in our tent close to the motel by the freeway. Now that place is taken by other homeless people. Our car's alternator went out and before we could buy and install a new one, our car was towed. We have no family alive or any friends whatsoever that can take our burden. We are at the end of our "rope". We have been mentally and physically ill because of this, my health is failing quickly. We are both so stressed and scared. Neither of us drinks alcohol or does drugs with the exception of cannabis.
Lonnie's work has been cut back due to shipping issues. It is supposed to pick up soon, hopefully. We have been living paycheck to paycheck for our room rent. We have been lucky most of the time to meet full rent every 2 weeks. This pay period was short and we have to be out on Saturday the 21st. The next payday is October 28th. We literally have no where to go other than the Motel 6.
We have storage we can't get transportation to, where we would exchange things and leave other things. But this still leaves us carrying a tent (poles, etc), bags of blankets, pillows, a portable flush toilet, and our dog. And we won't even know which way to start walking. The first time we had to do this we put our tent up in the empty lot next to the motel. We were in the back but our tent is larger. After a couple days the police came. We were treated like criminal addicts. We were lied to and told they could charge us with a felony for being homeless. They spoke to us as if we were stupid, it was humiliating.
I am begging for help with the Motel 6, please. We don't know where to turn, my partner works so hard all his life to take care of us. I worked 20+ years before becoming disabled. I am 48 and my partner is 45. We have never faced these types of issues. We have prayed and kept hope, but we are wearing thin. Our phones are not currently activated, Or calling Motel 6 but just until the 21st of October. I appreciate your time. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

April, you mention you are homeless and need affordable housing. Since your needs are diverse, check out the various HUD programs. Maybe everything from transitional housing to section 8 vouchers (if the wait list is open where you are) or a homeless shelter can help you and your partner. Of course you will need to continue to get your finances in order. Try this for HUD programs. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ment_.html
PrestonJames wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:59 pm Hello,
I hope you are well. My name is April and my partner of 22 years and I are homeless.