Find how to get help with rent
Brewer
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Homeless squating

Post by Brewer »

I am homeless now and no one will help.
I became disabled last year, lost my job, but even though I have a MA and work in Neuropsychology, I am not allowed to work, but receive only $180 a month to live on. Thankfully I am offered Medicaid and EBT, which help me get the medicines I need to stay alive, and minimal amounts of food.
I cannot possibly afford an apartment and live on less than $200, so I walk around Wal-Mart stores, find a 24 hour store if I am not kicked out, and often just don't sleep.
Right now, my choices to squat are disappearing, on a few days I will be on the street again.
I need a small clean place to live where I can overcome my disability, then obtain employment, and return to a functioning member of society.
Can someone help...?
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Homeless squating

Post by Admin »

Why only $180 to live? Disability pays much more than that...but granted probably under $1000. Also the disabled can still work...even when on SSI so that sounds like an excuse. If you want to work, and can, then you can get a job while on disability. Look into that as you say you want to become self-sufficient. In meantime, here are some shelters. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... grams.html
Brewer wrote:I am homeless now and no one will help.
I became disabled last year, lost my job, but even though I have a MA and work in Neuropsychology, I am not allowed to work, but receive only $180 a month to live on. Thankfully I am offered Medicaid and EBT, which help me get the medicines I need to stay alive, and minimal amounts of food.
I cannot possibly afford an apartment and live on less than $200, so I walk around Wal-Mart stores, find a 24 hour store if I am not kicked out, and often just don't sleep.
Right now, my choices to squat are disappearing, on a few days I will be on the street again.
I need a small clean place to live where I can overcome my disability, then obtain employment, and return to a functioning member of society.
Can someone help...?