need rent assistance in Nevada

Find how to get help with rent
mario72
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

need rent assistance in Nevada

Post by mario72 »

Due to my resent medical condition I have not been able to work for 6 months. My wife, 13 year old son and I have been living off her income only. I have tried to receive assistance from HUD Section 8, but they are not even accepting applications right now. If anyone has any suggesting, advice or other programs that provide assistance? Please let me know thanks.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: need rent assistance in Nevada

Post by Admin »

For utility and gas bill help in Nevada, try Southwest Gas, Energy Share Program. It is an emergency fund that was set up that provides direct assistance and cash grants to qualified individuals with unexpected financial difficulties, such medical emergency or loss of a job. Nevada Power offers the Project REACH (Relief through Energy Assistance to Prevent Customer Hardships) program which may be able to help with energy bills.

For rent help in Nevada, try Lutheran Social Services of Nevada 702.639.1730. They do offer Rental assistance, but it is on a limited basis only. Also try your local community action agency.

Here is more info on Nevada assistance programs.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Morley

Post by Morley »

I am a single mother needing help to make my living situation habitable for my son and I. I recently escaped an abusive situation in Las Vegas Nevada and my son and I are living in a camper parked in the back yard of a friends home. She has said that I can hook up the appropriate outlet needed to properly provide electric and water to the camper so that we have our own utilities to run air conditioning and heating. Right now we have an extension cord running to the camper but we have no air condition or heat for the winter and no water running into the camper. We have to constantly come into my friends home to cook, use the restroom, and shower and try to cool off since it has been so miserably hot and it causes me to have asthma attacks.
Kackie

Post by Kackie »

I am 20 years old and a mother of one. I moved into my apartment while working at my current job making 8.25 an hour. My manager recently cut my hours and my rent is due July 1st 2016 and I really needed help making the payment due to cut hours at my job. If you can me please email me back or contact me. I am living in Las Vegas, NV 89115.
Dan Meyer

Post by Dan Meyer »

Hello my name is Rene, and I am in need of some financial assistance for my rent here in Las Vegas Nevada. I was diagnosed with COVID-19 earlier this month and was let go from my job shortly after returning back to work, due to these circumstances I haven’t been able to pay my rent or electric bills.
Please if there is anything you can do to help me in Nevada it will be very much appreciated.
Feel free to call me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi Rene,
We hope you feel better. We have resources, including for rent, listed for Las Vegas area. Many places will help with back rent in Vegas and look here for programs. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... y_*.html
Dan Meyer wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:47 am Hello my name is Rene, and I am in need of some financial assistance for my rent here in Las Vegas Nevada. I was diagnosed with COVID-19 earlier this month and was let go from my job shortly after returning back to work, due to these circumstances I haven’t been able to pay my rent or electric bills.