Supportive mental ill housing

Find how to get help with rent
Tran
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Supportive mental ill housing

Post by Tran »

Hello, I receive SSI for myself and my daughter for mental health reasons. We ate currently homeless and I am really struggling with finding a place to live that I can afford. I lived in Oregon for a few years and my daughter was even born there back in 1999.
I have been doing some research online and I actually make around 3 times the amount of the average rent for a 2 bedroom home in Lane County. I would love to move myself and my daughter there. I am contacting you now to ask if there is any kind of funding I can apply for to help pay the expenses to relocate there? I appreciate your time and help concerning this matter. Thank you.
coffeemate

Re: Supportive mental ill housing

Post by coffeemate »

To Whom This May Concern,
I am emailing you tonight in desperation, I am the only living relative for my Mom and she has been suffering with a mental illness due to the aftermath of PTSD's suffered from a violent * that happened inside an Illinois hospital more than 30 years ago. I need help and I don’t know where to turn or who to contact for resources. My Mom has been dealing with this issue for years and I believe is mentally unable to work. However, she has bills, needs housing, her college master’s degree loan, her car, and other expenses we cannot escape from and I feel as though the walls are closing in. Can you please help us?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are some free housing programs for very low income families, and they may help the mentally ill too. If she in unable to work, she should also look into disability. As maybe that can get her a little money each month.
coffeemate wrote:To Whom This May Concern,
I am emailing you tonight in desperation, I am the only living relative for my Mom and she has been suffering with a mental illness due to the aftermath of PTSD's suffered from a violent * that happened inside an Illinois hospital more than 30 years ago. I need help and I don’t know where to turn or who to contact for resources. My Mom has been dealing with this issue for years and I believe is mentally unable to work. However, she has bills, needs housing, her college master’s degree loan, her car, and other expenses we cannot escape from and I feel as though the walls are closing in. Can you please help us?
babytime

Post by babytime »

Hi, I have a young man who is staying with us, we believe he has some sort of mental disability and needs supportive housing. He doesn't seem to be too bad but he's definitely not altogether. He is 20 years old and able to get out on the bus and get around town alone. He recently found a job but will not be making enough to support himself. He will not be able to stay with us indefinitely, we already have a full house with 3 of our own kids. We are trying to find him an support housing or apartment to live in and one of my friends told me that he could get some help with this. He has never been diagnosed with anything as far as I know, other than the mental disability and illness. He comes from a very broken family. I'm not sure where to begin in helping him, is there some place we can go where he can be helped? Thank you for your time and I look forward to your reply.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

HUD also provides income based, supportive housing too. One option is section 8. There are different version of it, and one is for those with a mental disability. Maybe look into those options. More on section 8 housing.
babytime wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:47 pm Hi, I have a young man who is staying with us, we believe he has some sort of mental disability and needs supportive housing.