Need Help Paying Rent Houston, TX

Find how to get help with rent
need a blessing
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need Help Paying Rent Houston, TX

Post by need a blessing »

I really need a blessing. My husband had Cancer(synovial sarcoma) and had to have his leg amputated. Then he had a Heart Attack while I was in recovery after having surgery. He is a Veteran and has been denied disability. We have three children whom are doing excellent in school. I am currently a student. I graduate in August 2010 to become a teacher. Any help/advice/prayer would be appreciated. Thanks!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need Help Paying Rent Houston, TX

Post by Admin »

Call the Gulf Coast Community Services Association for help in houton. They offer rent help for people who are behind or facing an evition, as well as numerous other programs and services. The phne number is (713) 393-4701. Here is more information on Houston Texas assistance programs.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html

Not sure if you need help with your hospital and medical bills in Houston, but if so, try an advocate. They can help negotiate and basically allow you to save money on your bills and medical debts.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... bills.html
ad90ma

Post by ad90ma »

My mom is a survivor of Hurricane Katrina. I am her daughter, its been 17 years since I have seen are know my mother we just found each other on Facebook in December 2011 by the grace of God. Its been a hard time but now my life is complete. She is a struggling 52 year old lady who lives with very dangerous and bad people in a very unpredictable neighborhood. She has tried to get on housing because she is raising my 17 year old sister who is an academic achiever. I do not have my own place either so leaving with me is not an option at this time. Please if there is any info that you could provide me with on helping her get a home please let me know. She has tried the section 8 she is still on the waiting list for that. She resides in Houston Texas. Thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is a great story. To answer your question, find details here on Houston Housing assistance programs. Maybe look into section 8 vouchers, eviction prevention, and other resources. Does she have any other friends or relatives she can live with to get out of that bad situation until she can find something more permanent. That is always a good idea.
ad90ma wrote:My mom is a survivor of Hurricane Katrina. I am her daughter, its been 17 years since I have seen are know my mother we just found each other on Facebook in December 2011 by the grace of God. Its been a hard time but now my life is complete. She is a struggling 52 year old lady who lives with very dangerous and bad people in a very unpredictable neighborhood. She has tried to get on housing because she is raising my 17 year old sister who is an academic achiever. I do not have my own place either so leaving with me is not an option at this time. Please if there is any info that you could provide me with on helping her get a home please let me know. She has tried the section 8 she is still on the waiting list for that. She resides in Houston Texas. Thanks
Gibson1

Post by Gibson1 »

Help with rent so we don't lose are house in Houston. My boyfriend, the father of are daughter, was laid off the day after thanksgiving. We both have been putting in application but we are struggling on gas money and groceries. I'm so stressed we are going to lose are house and we just moved in. His job was fully aware we had just got a house and they just laid him off.
Shopper

Post by Shopper »

I am needing resources to petition help in paying any portion of my rent or with the initial security deposit on an apartment. I am a Houston Texas teacher that has fell on hard times the last 2 years roughly since 202021. This has affected and strained relationships with my family members particular my son and mother. I am currently on disability and the money I am receiving doesn't exactly cover all of my monthly expenses or rent here in Houston TX. Therefore, I am seeking assistance until I can get on my feet and cope with life a little better.
Thanking you in advance for the requested information.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Look into a number of programs we have listed for rent help in Houston TX. As there are various programs. If you were a teacher, also look into government aid or state resources. As Harris County may have some for educators. Find emergency rent help in Houstoin.
Shopper wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:31 pm I am needing resources to petition help in paying any portion of my rent or with the initial security deposit on an apartment. I am a Houston Texas teacher that has fell on hard times the last 2 years roughly since 202021.