Housing connect service in New York City for an apartment

Find how to get help with rent
ScottBander
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Housing connect service in New York City for an apartment

Post by ScottBander »

To whom it may concern, I am in desperate need of help any help at this point for a home in NYC. I really don't know what to do or where to go.
I am on SSI disability. I am a single mother when my son turned 18 a few months ago we lost a big part of our income. We were receiving Social Security benefits from his father but that ended. I have been struggling endlessly with no hope in sight and to add to the struggle my landlord just raise my rent 10%. There's no way I'm going to be able to afford it as it is.
I'm borrowing and getting help from family members that will only last so long. I am on the NYCHA list but being in the city that takes years. I'm in the process of trying to upgrade my priority status due to a domestic violence incident but even if I do get the priority status my understanding is that can also take years. I know there is a freeze on Section 8 apartments here and nationwide.
I'm always on the New York City Housing connect looking for apartments. I just don't know where to turn at this moment. I'm sure we're heading towards being homeless. Any help on where to turn and what to do as soon as possible would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so very much for your time, Respectfully.
natasha
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Housing connect service in New York City for an apartment

Post by natasha »

Lost job and apartment have a fiancée and 4 year old daughter living in car in NYC and Queens or wherever we can. Living off free meal sites and shelters won’t allow me there because of my past. Need help getting an apartment from Housing Connect by 5-24-2018. The friends we stayed with in New York are moving and now we have nowhere to go again. I can’t get a job been trying and applying. No money and mental illness is affecting me badly. Manic depressed PTSD, ADHD. No meds or insurance. Need an apartment please winter is here and I can’t get assistance with no job or apartment and my family is suffering. Pleasure help this daddy out.