I can't get out of my lease

Find how to get help with rent
Sweetie
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

I can't get out of my lease

Post by Sweetie »

Lost full time job of 4 years 8/1/16, am a single mom of a 13 year old boy. I’m locked into lease thru May 2018. First time ever I don’t have my rent tomorrow ($950/month); my electric was cut off 11/17/16 I used the last money I had to turn it back on and now it’s due again ($65); my water will be shut off tomorrow no joke with a due amount of ($92.74), a total amount due of ($150); my gas is shut off this week, it’s under($50); my auto insurance with progressive needs to be post marked tomorrow before midnight ($87.67) or my coverage lapses.
I paid my renters insurance yesterday to state auto ($30?) & my son and my phone bill with Metro PCS($106) I paid this morning. I have no food at home and less than $35 to my name; my son competes with a speed inline team and has a meet this Saturday in Alabama.
I don’t know how I’m going pull it off; my cars transmission is starting to slip on my car I’ve had for 11 years plus brakes rotors need new and drivers side front tire is acting like a wheel bearing is going; my two cats are overdue fir their shots; my son is wearing his glasses because I got the contact exam but couldn’t afford to order his contacts because my employer took my FSA and disabled the acct before I cud use all the money in there.
I’ve also got creditors from Capital One, Amazon, Pioneer Credit, Kohl’s, Venus that are passed due and I’m getting nonstop collection calls. I just filed bankruptcy this last year and now its getting all screwed up again:(
It’s important to my son to stay in this house if possible because he was accepted into Central Magnet school last year and we live a mile away, plus the skate center is within walking distance for him if needed; I’m in debt($10,000) in student loans still; I haven’t gotten child support since September.
Gees...what else can I tell you about my predicament? It’s sad, truly, and this lease is tough to get out of. We NEED low income internet hooked up in our house for his schoolwork, its affecting his grades and he is stressed he will get kicked out of Central. The stress of all this has damn near killed me; I have applied for unemployment but it’s going to be weeks and weeks still; I’ve applied for food stamps, etc. But still don’t have any. I NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME, PLEASE.
zen1

Re: I can't get out of my lease

Post by zen1 »

In need of help paying Octobers rent or getting out of the lease!! Roommate moved out last minute leaving my husband, 1 year old son and I unable to pay rent! I have been a stay at home mom for the past couple of months to be able to nurse my son and were counting on our roommate to be here until our lease was up, but have been looking and applying to jobs the past 3 weeks and just haven't had any luck being able to get a job because I do not have very much experience, or any school other than High School Diploma. This is a one-time need of help for breaking a lease (or rent), just until I can get a job and bring home a pay check to be able to pay on own!
Vodka
anti spam: Blue

Post by Vodka »

Hello, my name is Melinda Purcell.  I need to move closer to my jobs but I can't get out of my lease.
I currently work two jobs and still can’t make end neat with the distance and amount I'm paying at my current home.
   The apartment I found is 45 min closer and way cheaper, but in my current situation I cannot get a deposit together or get out of my current lease.
 I already work as much as I can work and family can’t help. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated,  or info on how I can’t get help. Thank you for your time.  
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

If you have a lease agreement, which is a legal contract, there is not much you can due. Is there a buyout clause? Or some other legal terms in the agreement. If needed, a free lawyer in Oklahoma may be able to review the lease with you to see if there is an "escape" or termination clause.
Vodka wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:03 pm Hello, my name is Melinda Purcell.  I need to move closer to my jobs but I can't get out of my lease.
I currently work two jobs and still can’t make end neat with the distance and amount I'm paying at my current home.
   The apartment I found is 45 min closer and way cheaper, but in my current situation I cannot get a deposit together or get out of my current lease.