My monthly rent is way too high - cheaper place needed

Find how to get help with rent
Calvin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

My monthly rent is way too high - cheaper place needed

Post by Calvin »

Hi, I collect 1004.00 a month for disability my rent is 800.00. I can't survive on 200.00 a month. I have applied for help with local agencies and the say my rent is too high I know that but I cannot find a lower rent I have been trying for almost 3 years. I don't know what to do.
Joanne

Re: My monthly rent is way too high - cheaper place needed

Post by Joanne »

I am seeking immediate help with finding a cheaper place for my family. I head a family of 5; myself, my wife and three kids. I just relocated to the US and am in the process of seeking a job. I just need some time before I can get a good paying job during which I was hoping to find a cheap place for my family to stay. All what I need is one or two months at the most. Thank you so much. Any help or advice is dearly appreciated. I am very low on cash.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: My monthly rent is way too high - cheaper place needed

Post by Admin »

if you relocated, are you a legal citizen? Or not? As that will determine what rent or housing programs you may or may not be qualified for. If legal, try the section 8 HUD voucher programs for low income housing. If not legal, than maybe those agencies can still advise you on a cheaper place for your 5 kids.
Joanne wrote:I am seeking immediate help with finding a cheaper place for my family. I head a family of 5; myself, my wife and three kids. I just relocated to the US and am in the process of seeking a job. I just need some time before I can get a good paying job during which I was hoping to find a cheap place for my family to stay. All what I need is one or two months at the most. Thank you so much. Any help or advice is dearly appreciated. I am very low on cash.