Section 8 evicted from that home

Find how to get help with rent
trex
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Section 8 evicted from that home

Post by trex »

I was evicted off my section 8 in 2015 in January All because if some very shady business from a landlord but it was my word over his and didn’t have substantial evidence to anything that was going on because I didn't know it was going on until it was done.
I had gave money to a lady with houses that weren't the best but it was a home until we found something better. It was due to be finished cleaning and maintenance would be done with all repairs the same Friday as I had to be out. I had all my belongings on the U-Haul and go to the house to meet her and its trash it was disgustingly dirty. Holes in walls and drive was pulled to middle of floor roaches everywhere.
I had my 4 children and 5 month old granddaughter along with myself and could not even imagine this. She said I could not put my things in there anyway for at least a week or two if I wanted repairs to be done.
At this point I am totally distraught and I just want my money back to get my stuff into a storage last minute and to find a motel for my kids to sleep and to find another place hopefully. I had already paid the landlord from previous place for a month as well for nothing and now she's telling me no money refunded it's been forfeited. So over a year later I have basically been bouncing around feeling like a burden to everyone and being looked at like nobody.
I've worked all my life has section 8 for 10-12 years and have been through so much craziness in and out with slumlords. But always been in good standing with section 8.
But after staying in motels for over 6 months because I didn't have the money all at once to find a house and with eviction on my record now it wasn't so easy to find housing. And couldn’t afford anything now. But all the way until today as I send this I have been invited in by different friends and a couple so called family who have used me up to the fullest.
I do odd jobs like cooking or cleaning or filing of different things for people or child support or waitressed a couple times only to have my children I feel mistreated because they are not their children so they are not treated fair or included as same. So I won't leave them anywhere I don't trust anyone a with them. And all my money is taken from us or manipulated out of me. I'll hear the stories if how much were loved and how the utilities are about to be cut off only to give them the money saved up and still have shut off notices but they are off buying crazy things and at clubs instead. Then when no more money I can pay then no longer can we stay.
It's depressing especially since I've never lived this way ever I feel like a failure to my children and myself. With all the 3 school aged kids they will all be away soon during day anyway. I will want to gain employment during that time and get us into our own home and out if my sister in law's where I'm so uncomfortable and done being takin advantage. I want to see that smile on my kids face again and the look of them knowing they can be comfortable. And I want them to feel stress free so they can focus on education and being successful so they will never have to go through these struggles the way I am.
Sorry so long but I honestly need help for my children sake. They are beautiful children and my only reason for living and my inspiration to keep on going at all some days. They are my world and they deserve the world of opportunities that everyone does. And shouldn't have to suffer behind my problems. If you can offer any assistance it will so great fully appreciated. And I will work with whatever is offered to me that is a positive direction in my children living in my arms comfortably safe and secure. Their happiness is my happiness. And I being happy makes them happy as well. They are amazing. Thank you for your time.
Jade
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Section 8 evicted from that home

Post by Jade »

Hello, I became homeless December 2023 from the section 8 home I lived in and was evicted from. I lived in the house for 10 years and became disabled in 2020. I have an excellent rental reference, even after section 8 evicted me earlier. I have section 8 and can’t receive my voucher until the remainder of the water bill is paid. I am sleeping in my car. I have diabetes and extremely painful neuropathy that is preventing me from working. I am wondering if there are any motel voucher and any programs available that would help me pay my water bill. MSC denied me because the water bill was in the owners name. I am waiting on my disability hearing and sleep in my car.