Can't rent due to prior eviction

Find how to get help with rent
TracMaz
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Can't rent due to prior eviction

Post by TracMaz »

I am a single mother of two small children. I am on the verge of being homeless, I have a job but cannot obtain the move in cost by the deadline. I more so need help with the cost to move into an apartment and finding a landlord who will not rent to me due to a prior eviction not on my fault. I am at loss of where to even begin to look for help and any information or help you can provide for me I appreciate more then you could ever imagine. Thank you for your time and consideration for reading this message. I hope to hear from you soon.
JamesonMas
anti spam: Blue

Re: Can't rent due to prior eviction

Post by JamesonMas »

I have recently gotten into an apartment in my area. I'm a single mom and know that I will not be able to afford this place on my own but I was evicted before too which is a problem. I was receiving child support but recently have not received any. I'm working as a stylist and my income isn't enough to cover my rent and all my daughter’s needs. How could I get rental assistance? Is there an application I will need to fill out?
Osborne

Post by Osborne »

I am in desperate need for rent assistance and can't qualify due to past evictions. I have had this apartment for the past year and a half. I have never been late or missed a payment until June. I paid part of June, and now I owe July. My landlord said she would allow me to stay if I paid June and July, if I promise to pay August by the end of the month. I tried to get a loan but I did not qualify due to because I am not employed. I was a student until May. I did part time work and that is how I paid my bills. I have three kids and I do not want to be kicked out
I tried for government assistance but due to the fact that my rent is higher than the limited amount for a two bedroom two bath, I do not qualify and also I had a past eviction. Other assistance programs told me that they do not have enough funds or they are done with applications for this month. I do not have family or friends that can help. My landlord refuses to give an eviction letter because she said it is a long process. The assistance programs require a letter of eviction.
Kids

Post by Kids »

To Whom this May Concern,

My name is Alicia, I have been consistently homeless for almost three years prior to January 2022. I am struggling to rent due to past evictions. September of 2020 I moved to the House Of Mercy in Janesville. Being that I am the mother of four kids I was very grateful they were able to stay with family during this time. By the grace of God, before I had to leave the shelter I had gotten approved for the Rapid Rehousing program.
With two prior evictions on my record the payment was only the beginning of my issues. Once again prayers were answered and I Found myself moving into a two bedroom lower level of a house, in a decent neighborhood. I am currently actively looking for work and have my kids weekends. I AM BLESSED.
I was actually reviewing your site in hopes of finding any sort of resource able to help me with immediate needs in a "bone bare" house and help with my past evictions. I am in desperate need of ALL housewares, hygiene, cleaning supplies, and furniture, ANY furniture would be quite helpful. I don't currently have any seating or beds for the kids and I, as well as also Needing to be able to provide the kids with a computer or laptop to do their schoolwork while with me. I may be able to gather a small amount toward these thing but nearly enough to put a dent in it.
Any direction in this matter would be much appreciated.
Thank you for your consideration in this matter,
Alicia
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are resources out there. Some free legal aid programs can help. Or some government housing takes some tenants with past evictions. We have a list of options, resources, and programs here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ction.html
Merical Cromer

Post by Merical Cromer »

I was wondering if I could receive assistance in removing an eviction from my record so I can rent again. I currently live in Jacksonville, Florida. I was evicted earlier this year and I am having trouble finding a new place. I came to an agreement and repayment plan in which the apartment management wrote a letter that I settled my debt and it was filed with the courts that I paid and was released from my lease requirements. Is there anything that I can do to the prior eviction? Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!