Non-violent criminal record housing

Find how to get help with rent
Beckquick
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Non-violent criminal record housing

Post by Beckquick »

Low income housing nonviolent criminal record for shoplifting in 2008 and before that I have two jobs one at the Elks Lodge and one at the Edgewater Country Club but can't find housing. I need a place with low enough deposit and that will take me with any kind of record despite my last job being a Catholic Charities running a homeless shelter and doing motivational speaking a different recovery homes.
I left California after my boyfriend broke my spine and my ribs and now I'm here in Oregon living in my car. And went to my $3,000 that I had in savings for an application fees, motels and a deposit for a place I lived in for 2 months before the landlord left with my deposit to California. Then my food stamp card was cut off after 3 months because I don't have an address and I didn't get the papers to report them my income.
Despite having a master's degree I cannot find work that would give you enough money to be able to handle landlord cash and possibly get in a place. At one point I didn't eat for 4 days.
My tags expired from my car last September from California. I have gotten two tickets now for not having registration because I can't pay to get a duplicate title and all the paperwork needed.
Things are going from bad to worse and my body is really sore from the domestic violence incident in which they just arrested the perpetrator in California. I still can't bend down to pick up anything. I put nylons on because I can't with my legs all the way due to my back. I really need help and I don't know what to do.
I've called 500 domestic violence shelter places explaining my situation on their voicemail and none of them call me back as I said my last position was as a program coordinator at Catholic Charities for the safe parking homeless shelter program as well as I worked as a job coach and motivational speaker for buckelew programs. I even didn't interview and spoke at and $650,000 was donated at the luncheon after myself and several of the people spoke to the audience. But they knew me there. And so they didn't doubt my ability or my heart.
No one here knows me and all they see is not what's on paper. A former Elementary School teacher who now has a criminal record for shoplifting and possession of methamphetamine. It's my former husband was majorly addicted to and I was stupid enough to try and became addicted as well. I've been clean since 2012.
They just can't get a break that will let me in to work again and nonprofit or to obtain housing of my own. If I had the money I would buy a fifth wheel and go to trailer park but it's almost impossible to save up enough money when I have to pay to eat out, cover car insurance, the upkeep for my car on the 4th of these tickets hanging over me. I also need more for gas Etc.
I don't have a laptop or computer although I use one of the local nonprofits. He who found me parked in their parking lot overnight not having a laptop. It makes the job search rather difficult. I also don't know the area all that well and the police have figured out that I'm homeless and recognize my vehicle. Despite knowing the situation with my registration they pulled me over constantly for one reason or another.
The polic wanted to have a closet to not have my backseat cluttered with all my belongings up to the roof to not be embarrassed when I pulled into a parking lot and have people stare at me because my car is so much so filled with stuff. I need to have a place to change my clothes instead of trying to hide and do it in the vehicle because people homeless use the restroom at their place of business.
I Can't believe I look homeless. I pretty much look like the girl next door. But my arms and hands are having going numb. Since the day of the incident. I'm still suffering from the edema in my legs the Versa infection I received afterwards due to allergies to the antibiotics they gave me. I could not continue taking them and had many gaps in dosage.
My biggest fear now is that because the circulation is so bad the Damage Done to my body is never going to heal. I'm afraid I'm either going to get cancer from the swelling from my heart's going to give out because the artery walls are getting weaker do the poor circulation.
I'm afraid I'm going to die sleeping in my car but all alone. I think if I'd known all this was going to happen I would have just stayed with my fiance but I was afraid he was going to kill me when he was drunk. I was tired of being screamed at and called names and having my things thrown out of the trailer and being locked out and having to sleep outside but now I'm having to sleep outside here anyway.
All I want is my own place like a studio and then I'll get pulled over all the time to be able to put my clothes in a dresser or a closet to be able to find both shoes when I need them 2x matching towels for my bathroom.
I actually want a hot meal instead of having to stop and eat cold food constantly. I want to steam some broccoli or make like a chart and fruit and yogurt smoothie in the morning. I want to set the timer on my coffee pot, then I'll be able to sit down and read a book or be some jewelry without the beads going everywhere under my car seat where I can't find them.
I shower at the gym and work hard on getting my lower back to stop feeling pinched and weak but I still have the numbness in the bottom of my legs and the swelling. We also have kidney damage and had three cracked ribs. Maybe something happen to my knee I don't know what is the incident.
I feel like somebody will let me into an apartment if I just had enough money to have cash up front. But it seems like I need every single time I have. I don't know who to reach out to many. I also need a copy of the resume and credit history and plastic covered information in a snazzy binder.
I had an eviction in 2004 but I don't think that that's really the problem because I never get that far when applying. I lived in one place for 3 months in 2005 because I was living with my husband who already owned the home. My lack of mental health history requires more money for a deposit to get in anywhere.
If there's any way you can help me I would be so grateful. I'm a hard worker. I have been told my biggest fault is my homelessness.
Irene

Re: Non-violent criminal record housing

Post by Irene »

Hello ,
My name is Lisa and I'm reaching out as my last option for assistance for my family of 5, I have 3 children. Their father, Frank and I lost our vehicle at the end of 2021 which in result of no transportation and now we have a non-violent record due to an accident. I became unemployed. I filed for unemployment and was denied.
I have been renting to own our home since November of 2019 making payments of $500.00 a month plus utilities. Benjamin and I have always been very hard working independent parents, and this is the first time we have been in such a severe financial situation, with no family to help us out. As the criminal record, even though non-violent, has turned people away, but we still need housing. I have tried churches and places like the salvation army near me but they don't have the funds to help at this time. I started a fundraiser donation page but no luck i have tried to apply for grants, loans, free cash assistance but it seems like it just keep getting a run around filling the something out one after the other.
Frank is in the process of getting his license reinstated but is currently waiting to hear back from magistrate court with information on his citations/court cost & unpaid fines so that he can get help with payments/payment plans, and check into places help you get mobile again. We need housing that takes people with a past, non violent record and will give us a second chance. This past year, he has walked or rode a bike back and forth thought rain, snow, and shine looking for side/odd jobs to pay on what we could to stay afloat. We have fallen to far behind on everything, and now we are facing having our utilities disconnected, becoming evicted with no place to go.
Here below is an where i am at financially
INCOME:
SIDE/ODD JOBS : $100.00-$200.00 monthly
EXPENSES :
RENT : $500.00 /month
• Past Due Jan-Dec 2022 $6,000.00
• Current Jan-Apr. 2023 $2,000.00
UTILITIES:
• Union Public Service District $92.57
• WV American Water $343.29

CITATIONS/COURT COST : $50 & UP
LICENSES REINSTATEMENT FEES: $50 & UP
If you could help me or send me in the right direction it would greatly appreciated it thank you in advance.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Non-violent criminal record housing

Post by Admin »

There is something called second chance housing. Non-profits, landlords and other groups offer it, with a focus on people with no-criminal records or other housing barriers. Look here for the information on second chance housing or apartments. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... tions.html