Deposit, first and last month rent help all needed

Find how to get help with rent
SquakB
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Deposit, first and last month rent help all needed

Post by SquakB »

Need financial help with funds to rent a place to live which is first, last & deposit...I am facing being homeless as of December 1, 2016 unless I can receive help with these costs. I am desperate for help & tried all I can do to do this in my own, hate asking for help.
I work as a in home care taker & some Hospice as my employment...I would appreciate any help I can get so I am not facing homelessness...thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Deposit, first and last month rent help all needed

Post by Admin »

If you need all of that support, then look into rent help. Some non-profits as well as the government offers all of those services to potential leases. But we doubt you can get enough money to cover all of the expenses. You will need to raise some of it on your own.
Jeff Brian

Post by Jeff Brian »

I just got my own apartment and in the process of moving in I lost my job. I just started a new job but I don't make nearly as much and my landlord is already helping me make payment on the rest of the deposit as well as first months rent. I just am not making enough right now just starting this new job, Help is appreciated.
Angela S

Post by Angela S »

I recently have become homeless after keeping a roof over my 2 children's head for almost 14 years. Now I need money for deposits (first and last) as well as rent. I am a single 38 year old female with full custody of both my children a boy 12 years old and a girl now 18 months. I am also disabled and have been since November 2007. I don't get any child support and have managed to get by surviving off my monthly social security disability income and most times food stamps.
I've had days I've gone hungry to ensure my kids were fed but I don't know what else to do now I am just evicted for the first time due to someone stole my account information and I got late charges and bounced check fees which I never knew I had a checking account since I was told it was a debit savings account. Either way I am held responsible at least for now until I can show ,my proof when I take the other party to court to get reimbursed. I have good rental history and making payments just couldn't pay additional fees upfront and live and eat for the rest of the month. I never had extra money to play with but was ok as long as my kids were happy. I currently am considered homeless I guess you would say but have been looking for a place for months and just this morning I got confirmation I am approved on a 2 bedroom 2 bath place to call home. It’s perfect for me and my 2 kids but I don't know how I can pay for my first month’s rent and the security.
I have to pay for a place to stay either day to day or weekly and don't want to lose this opportunity I've been waiting months to finally get some good news about. I don't know the process or if you can point me in the right direction but I am desperate and my kids are the  most important thing to me and without them I have nothing. Please let me know if there is anything you can do to help point me in the right direction or if form I can fill out or list of places to call that can help for rent and first-last security deposit. I appreciate your time and hope to hear from you soon.
April Merchant
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are disabled, have no job, no child support, etc. what good is getting money for a deposit or first months rent when you will not be able to afford future rent payments? SSI will not cover it in Houston Texas. You need much more support. Look into living with family, a shelter, or something. In the meantime, look here for Houston rental assistance programs.
Angela S wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:08 pm I recently have become homeless after keeping a roof over my 2 children's head for almost 14 years. Now I need money for deposits (first and last) as well as rent. I am a single 38 year old female with full custody of both my children a boy 12 years old and a girl now 18 months. I am also disabled and have been since November 2007. I don't get any child support and have managed to get by surviving off my monthly social security disability income and most times food stamps.
Smoother

Post by Smoother »

To whom it may concern,
I know this is a long shot, but I am in need of assistance with 1st month, last month, security deposit to move into a place with my 2 children.
We are currently homeless and have been for the last 3 months. I got evicted after I couldn't pay my rent after battling covid for 5 weeks. I lost my job and couldn't pay my rent. I had a rental assistant program help me, but my landlord refused the assistance and evicted me instead. I am currently employed full time with the city of Ft. Lauderdale housing authority, but I have no place to live with my 2 children. I have no family support and my children father is deceased. We have been sleeping in my car and in abandoned houses that is known for drug abusers and prostitution. I fear for my children's future. I have steady income and a good chance at life if I can just obtain a stable and safe living arrangement. I can pay my bills. I have an eviction so it's hard to find someone that will rent to me. I had to hire someone to help find a private landlord that will give me a 2nd chance. I had a program called LifeNet4Families willing to help me but now the case manager on my case is no longer there and so the whole process has to start over. They promised to pay all move in costs. I got approved for a place that is perfect for me and my kids. The rent is affordable, and it is just what we need. I just need help with the move in costs. I just filed my taxes and am expecting a large return but not for several weeks. I need the help now! Please help me or direct me to someone who can help. This is very time sensitive as I only have a few days to come up with the deposit. I have called every assistance program I know of, and I have my name in everywhere. Please help! I can provide any documentation needed.
Thanks in advance,
Melanie