No rent assistance program in my city

Find how to get help with rent
Kackie
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

No rent assistance program in my city

Post by Kackie »

I live in the city of San Gabriel. There is no rental assistance program. What can I do? I'm behind more than half my rent and living without gas for hot water and cooking. Soon our electric will be cut off too. I do have a full time job but I get paid 10.50/hr. My son tries to find a job but only had one interview in the past year. Any advice?
Thank you for your time,
Lateefah
anti spam: Blue

Re: No rent assistance program in my city

Post by Lateefah »

I am 5 1/2 months pregnant and am currently staying in an apartment with the father of my child. We are no longer together and he is moving out of the apartment, and seems like no rent programs are open in my city. At this time I cannot afford the apartment on my own. I wanted to inquire about any assistance I may be able to obtain until I can get on my feet. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sadly probably should not have gotten pregnant until you were stable on your own, and had plenty of savings, a good steady job, etc. Your options will be limited if you have zero income. Anyhow, find some of the rent assistance programs in Reno that you can try...maybe you did not apply at them all?
Lateefah wrote:I am 5 1/2 months pregnant and am currently staying in an apartment with the father of my child. We are no longer together and he is moving out of the apartment, and seems like no rent programs are open in my city. At this time I cannot afford the apartment on my own. I wanted to inquire about any assistance I may be able to obtain until I can get on my feet. Thank you for your time.
Philly

Post by Philly »

Hello,
My name is Pete. I found your information on the Rental assistance website for my city.
I am in dire need of assistance with paying rent and I can't find help in my city. I have just landed a job I started last week. I am several months behind and unable to cover bills but most importantly rent. There are a total with me included 7 in my household. We reside in a 1 bedroom shack. We have tried to make it comfortable for the kids we being my wife and me. I received a letter from the landlord Friday to move on the 15th or else. I need some assistance with Rent. I can pay back a loan starting in January.
Please provide me with some guidance or a loan. None of us has had corona 19. I need at least 2 months to rebuild something financially in order to move out as the landlord has demanded. I just have no where to go and have four teenagers and one that is pregnant.
Can you help with our rent?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi Pete,
If your city is not listed, then maybe try a national charity or housing group. As some of the rent assistance programs are not city specific. We have many resources listed, and locate money to help with rent.
Of course funds will be limited.
Philly wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:51 am Hello,
My name is Pete. I found your information on the Rental assistance website for my city.
Joaquin

Post by Joaquin »

Hi. My name is Gretchen. I have never done anything like this in my life, but I am desperate and need serious help right now with my rent and I can't find anything in my city. I am late and I don't have the money to pay it. This month anyway. I have never been late on any bills before. I spoke to my apartment complex and they said there was nothing they could do and they were going to start the eviction process.
I don't know what to do. I am recovering from COVID-19. I was out of work for almost 2 weeks without pay. I don't want to lose my home. I don't know what to do and I don't want to end up living in a how much shelter. I work at the Valley mission in Staunton Virginia which seems to have no rent assistance in this small city. If anyone can help me at all, I will pay it all back. I will sign all the necessary papers and I will pay every cent back. I just need help and I don't know what to do. Thank you so much and I hope there is some thing that can be done. Because I have never asked for assistance in my life and this is hard but I really need it. Thank you.