Help paying on rent to own property

Find how to get help with rent
Malone
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Help paying on rent to own property

Post by Malone »

In a rent-to-own land contract, family of 8 (7 still living in the house). I have been declared disabled by my PCP since 06/04/2016. Was on short term disability until work discharged me on 08/21/2016. ODJFS has declared it was unjustifiable thus eligible for unemployment. But since I am declared disabled I can’t collect unemployment.
I have through the gracious support of others made some payments to the owner on the rent to own lot, but I find I am now 4 month's behind on house payments. We pay $1,500 at the beginning of every month. We are now 4 months behind. We need to pay $6,000 (4 x $1,500) soon or the owner is going to put the house up for sale. What are our options to get caught up on our payments? Hope you can help!!!
Momar
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Help paying on rent to own property

Post by Momar »

Hello, I’m 5 months pregnant. I’ve behind on rent due to not having a job. I currently found a job now I’m working full time but was served my papers pay the 2 months I missed or get out. They gave me 3 days but I asked for an extension for help, and the home is rent to own unit.
I really need the help ASAP. I’m low income of course but don’t know any resources that can help me get into affordable housing. I’m desperately seeking help, please email me back.