Help with in Saint Louis MO

Find how to get help with rent
stalynharris
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help with in Saint Louis MO

Post by stalynharris »

Hi my name is Stacey I live in Saint Louis MO and I am 2 month behind in my rent. I have been laid off since jul 09. I have a great landlord that is working with but I would like any little help that I can get. My personal email is stalynharris@hotmail.com if would to forward any info that could help me take care of this matter.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help with in Saint Louis MO

Post by Admin »

Try the Community Action Agency of St. Louis County, Inc. They offer a Housing Assistance Program. The agency, which goes by CAASTLC has extnesive, comprehensive housing and rent assistance programs which includes Home Ownership, Housing Counseling, and Rent/Mortgage Assistance and grants. Here is more info, + phone number
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Elway J

Post by Elway J »

Requesting assistance with my rent. My daughter had recent skull replacement surgery and had both of her hips broke and repaired. Between the time off for my daughters care, the medical and medication expenses for 2 of my children and recently being terminated by my employer I have fallen behind on my rent which is $640 / more and I am behind 2 months.
I’m concerned with being evicted if I don't pay this immediately. I have no money at this time to pay this expense as well as for my son’s medication, food, utilities. I am strenuously seeking employment at this time and have yet to receive calls back from employers. I used the children's Christmas gift money to pay the electricity so it would not be disconnected. I do not know if this is even the right place for this in St. Louis as I have never requested assistance that I needed immediately before. Thank you for taking the time to ready this and God bless.
Gourmet

Post by Gourmet »

I am currently living month to month on disability. I am a single mom with two minor children and am on disability. We are struggling, badly. I applied for Food and Nutrition Benefits, and only was allowed $113/month for the 3 of us. Now, I'm looking a way to aid in paying my rent each month so we do not end up homeless. We have lived here in St. Louis 4.5 years, but since my spouse and I separated I can barely make rent each month. I don't know of any place we can move that is as cheap as we pay now ($600/month for 3 bed, 2 bath), and my landlord agreed not to raise my rent. But I can barely afford it. Same with the electric bills. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, $600 a month for a 3 bedroom is cheap! St. Louis tends to be more affordable then the coastal cities. But still. As far as resources for you, there may be some. find rent help in St. Louis. There are dozens of agencies in the region that may support you and your loved ones. Good luck, and sorry to hear about the separation.
Gourmet wrote:We have lived here in St. Louis 4.5 years, but since my spouse and I separated I can barely make rent each month. I don't know of any place we can move that is as cheap as we pay now ($600/month for 3 bed, 2 bath), and my landlord agreed not to raise my rent. But I can barely afford it.