really in need help on rent

Find how to get help with rent
punken81
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

really in need help on rent

Post by punken81 »

hello thur im a 29 male thats is finally on my own n belived i didnt relized how hard it is to pay bills. its like i get ssi n thats 694 a month my rent is 450 than my lights is 150 so bascially all im left with for the whole month is 94 dollars than thats use on gas when eva i have to go sum where. i already went to the housing department here in augusta ga they always say the list is close its like it been close fo some years. i mean i have known sum people that lived off of the govenment and they dont really need the help n i was like wow why when sum really needs the assistance thur be the one getting turn down so now its like im struggling paying bills and belived it or not i really dont wan to go back home to MOMS . so if any one out thur no whur i can go get sum extra funds to pay my rent or who can i talk to to get on the housing lict ty
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: really in need help on rent

Post by Admin »

I believe Augusta GA is in Richmond County Georgia. If it is, try the Central Savannah River Area Economic Opportunity Authority, Inc. (CSRA).
They have Neighborhood Service Centers (NSCs) which will provide emergency assistance to meet the needs of low (and maybe sometimes "moderate") income individuals and families that live in the area, include provide them with food, eviction prevention, utility assistance, rent and housing aid, landlord mediation, personal care items. You can call them at 706-722-0493
Laz

Post by Laz »

I am a mechanical engineer whose income is derived from the off-shore oil wells, but since they there has been no drilling, that has had a ase help me. I am asking for less than 1 mondramatic effect on my type of work as a mechanical engineer/project engineer.
I have been out of work since August 20th and am not eligable for unemployment, the type of help I am receiving is Food Stamps.
I have an eviction notice with my apartment complex, (The Regent Apartment Homes, Baton Rouge, La). If you know that I was going to receive a check but you knew that it was going to take a few days or weeks and informed the apartment complex,
that might be reason enough for them not to evict me if they knew a check was coming. I don't have any money to move and I am awaiting a call regarding an outcome of an interview.
If you know of an organization that can help me, or if your organization helps with rent payments, please email
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Louisiana and Baton Rouge have been hit hard by the Gulf Spill as well as Katrina. I think the area will turn around someday. If you need rent help in Baton Rouge, try calling West Baton Rogue Helping Hand (phone number 225-346-1008). They can provide financial assistance, and maybe even help you find a job. While there is not a community action agency, you can try calling Baton Rouge Office of Social Service, and their phone number is (225) 358-4561. Among other services offered by this social services type agency is FEMA - Emergency Rental / Mortgage Assistance Program, which can provide Baton Rouge residents with rent and housing assistance. The Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank is another place to call for help, free food, and cash grants.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogram.html
Laz wrote:I am a mechanical engineer whose income is derived from the off-shore oil wells, but since they there has been no drilling, that has had a ase help me. I am asking for less than 1 mondramatic effect on my type of work as a mechanical engineer/project engineer.
I have been out of work since August 20th and am not eligable for unemployment, the type of help I am receiving is Food Stamps.
I have an eviction notice with my apartment complex, (The Regent Apartment Homes, Baton Rouge, La). If you know that I was going to receive a check but you knew that it was going to take a few days or weeks and informed the apartment complex,
that might be reason enough for them not to evict me if they knew a check was coming. I don't have any money to move and I am awaiting a call regarding an outcome of an interview.
If you know of an organization that can help me, or if your organization helps with rent payments, please email
Murdock

Post by Murdock »

I am needing some help with my rent, utilities, storage units. I have an 14 year daughter and we are currently living in a 1 bedroom apt, in Damiansville, IL. We were left by an ex who moved to Ohio and married another women and took on her 5 kids, we have no contact with him due to a protection order I have against him, he is drawing unemployment because he was fired from the job he moved to Ohio for. I am working and trying to get in the process to move back to Ohio to stay with family, but I am
having a difficult time. My father is on retirement pay and SS and is unable to assist me. Thank you for any assistance you might have,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While we don't have the city of Damiansville listed on our site, the state of Illinois is. Find assistance with bills in Illinois. I think the one program that might be most relevant to you is known as the Illinois Rental Housing Support. They can help pay your rent in Illinois, and who knows, maybe they have information on who you can call to get support or funds to help pay for your move back to Ohio.
Murdock wrote:I am needing some help with my rent, utilities, storage units. I have an 14 year daughter and we are currently living in a 1 bedroom apt, in Damiansville, IL. We were left by an ex who moved to Ohio and married another women and took on her 5 kids, we have no contact with him due to a protection order I have against him, he is drawing unemployment because he was fired from the job he moved to Ohio for. I am working and trying to get in the process to move back to Ohio to stay with family, but I am
having a difficult time. My father is on retirement pay and SS and is unable to assist me. Thank you for any assistance you might have,
Myra

Post by Myra »

3 month behind in rent due to being laid-off. I am single parent of two children. My daughter just had a child so that makes us a household of 4 now. I have been back to work for two weeks now as of (8-8-11). I am in need of 3,076 to prevent eviction. My landlord has been very patient but I am facing a eviction any day now. DHS has denied my case and two other agencies (SOS and here to help). Everyone states (Salvation Army, Lighthouse, OLHSHA etc) they have no funds available.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I think those places you called our great, and you have done the right thing. However funding is limited from most agencies. You just need to keep calling, get on waiting lists, and plugging away. That is all you can do. We do have information on additional New Haven rent assistance, including places like Liberty Community Services, Inc. which can be reached at (203) 495-7600. They run eviction prevention assistance as well as provide housing stabilization services to people who need help during a hardship. Another may be New Haven Home Recovery, Inc., (203) 492-4866, which includes Fair Haven, Bridgeport, and other locations.
Myra wrote:3 month behind in rent due to being laid-off. I am single parent of two children. My daughter just had a child so that makes us a household of 4 now. I have been back to work for two weeks now as of (8-8-11). I am in need of 3,076 to prevent eviction. My landlord has been very patient but I am facing a eviction any day now. DHS has denied my case and two other agencies (SOS and here to help). Everyone states (Salvation Army, Lighthouse, OLHSHA etc) they have no funds available.
Beneidt

Post by Beneidt »

I am 2 months behind in my rent. I was injury at work. I got let go and I never received unemployment. I was denied disability. I am still fighting for my SS and SDI with the state of Delaware. I have my 8 year old granddaughter that lives went me and I just apply for welfare because I don’t have money to pay my bills or rent or food. I am waiting for SS or SDI. I had a settlement from workman compensation and I spend all my money on bills. All my money is going out but nothing coming in and I need help ASAP.
SquakB

Post by SquakB »

Hello, I am a 22 year old college student at MATC Downtown campus. I recently lost my job and have fallen behind on my rent, and am about to be evicted. I am very worried about this, and I would like to find out what I can do to get rent assistance. I am currently $2,000 behind in rent, but I am working day and night to find a job and I am working part time with my dad to try and come up with rent so that I can keep my apartment. Please contact me via cell phone or email. Thank you very much and God Bless!!
Mccant

Post by Mccant »

I am reaching out to my community for help in regards to a situation I was placed in. To be brief, I have been renting a home in Cleveland for the past 4 years. I just was informed from my landlord that he is currently under foreclosure and I have 30 days to leave the home myself and children have live in, right after Christmas.

I have always been a good tenant, rent paid on time etc. I have found another home, signed a lease but this unexpected financial situation is impossible for me to handle on my own, not to mention trying to give a little bit of Christmas for my kids. I am merely asking if you would know any resources or be able to help me in any way. I went to the Cecil county social services only to be told they are out of funds or because I am not in the "system" I do not qualify.

I am a single mother who works full time and provides for her 2 children on her own and hearing that I wouldn’t qualify for this emergency situation that I didn’t put myself into was heart breaking. If there is anything you could do to help me I would be beyond grateful. I can provide all documentation of the foreclosure, 30 day notice rental payment history etc if needed. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The landlord does need to give you notice per Cleveland and Ohio law, so that is good. Did you ask him for the information on the buyer? Maybe they would sign a new lease with you when they take over the home. Since you have been a good tenant and paid the rent on time, maybe they would do that...at least for a while to give you more time. But also try some of the agencies in Cleveland for information on other housing programs, as there are several. Locate our options for rent help in Cleveland.
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Hello, I am currently interviewing for jobs, having been let go from my previous job and I just really need help paying this month's rent of $700. I lost my job, my mom was in the hospital, and my car broke down in the same week. I would really appreciate it (you have no idea) if I could somehow get some help. You'd be saving me. Thank you so much.