No money in savings

Find how to get help with rent
Ditka1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

No money in savings

Post by Ditka1 »

I am a low income individual with a 17 year old son seeking rental opportunities and assistance. I'm currently living with a family member who will be evicting me within 30 to 60 days. I need help providing a roof over my son's head. I don't have any savings money for a security deposit/1st months’ rent. I can't afford traditional apartments. Please help!!!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: No money in savings

Post by Admin »

If you can't afford the rent on a "traditional" apartment, then try transitional housing or section 8. Both are income based. In particular section 8 is income based. So even if you have no savings your total rent will only be a percentage of your income. Usually 30%. So try section 8 HUD vouchers.
Ditka1 wrote: can't afford traditional apartments. Please help!!!
MarryM

Post by MarryM »

Hi there,I 'm emailing because I need emergency help with rent. I am trying to leave an abusive situation, with no job or savings because I just moved here. I'm located in Las Vegas. I am currently fleeing this abusive situation as we speak, (& my health is not great), so I am quite desperate to find housing. I'm a 28-year-old female, no kids, and I do receive benefits from Social Security for a psychological condition. If you could please get back to me as soon as possible to let me know if I'm eligible, & if so how to go about receiving some temporary help to get on my feet as well as build savings. Thank you so very much and God bless
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you have no money in savings, then try emergency cash.
The funds can both be used to help pay the bills as well as, if when ready, build up savings. There are short term jobs, ways to sell stuff, smart phone apps, coupons, and many other ways to get emergency cash.