Wilmington N.C.

Find how to get help with rent
dsw
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Wilmington N.C.

Post by dsw »

Please i need help on rent and deposit on a house.If i could move into something cheaper we can pay our bills.The program HPRP has just received their money but you have to be homeless still waiting on the otther part to get here that could help me. Does any one know any where else i have got to get out of this house? thanks for any assitance you can share.dsw
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Wilmington N.C.

Post by Admin »

That is not accurate of HPRP. Most of the aid is focused on people who are about to be evicted. the reason that it was created was that it is "cheaper" to help someone facign an eviction than it is to help someone who is homeless. The goal of HPRP is to prevent evictions. Try contacting the Hanover County Community Action, 910-762-1177. The Community Services Block Grant may be able to provide rent help as well.
Brice1
anti spam: Blue

Re: Wilmington N.C.

Post by Brice1 »

I fell and injured my hip in December and was off work for 2 weeks in Wilmington N.C.. In January I caught the flu and got bronchitis and was off work for 2 more weeks and got behind on my rent. When I was able to return to work they cut everyone's hours. I am currently 2 months behind and have been told if I do not have it the rent caught up by the end of this month I will be evicted. Currently I owe 1220.00. My rent in Wilmington N.C. is 565.00 per month with a 50.00 late fee if not paid by the 5th of the month. I was not able to pay February rent and I haven't been able to pay Marches rent either. I am now back to work full time but with my other bills I cannot seem to get the rent caught up. I would greatly appreciate any help you could provide me. Please and thank you.