Find how to get help with rent
Rashel
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Deposit and need to move in Washington

Post by Rashel »

Good Morning,
Would you be able to provide me with resources on rental assistance in Thurston County, Washington? I am a single mother of 3 with an income of $1260/month and moving from my current residence. I was given 15 days to move. I do not have access to transportation to a shelter as I live in a rural area (Rainier, WA). I found an apartment in my area that I can afford on my own but with my given in come I can't afford the deposit of $800.
Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Deposit and need to move in Washington

Post by Admin »

There are homeless prevention programs in Washington, including some that will pay a deposit on a new apartment. They will not only maybe help pay the $800 deposit you refer too, but give other support services such as transportation, job programs, etc. Try these Washington homeless prevention programs.
Rashel wrote:Good Morning,
Would you be able to provide me with resources on rental assistance in Thurston County, Washington? I am a single mother of 3 with an income of $1260/month and moving from my current residence. I was given 15 days to move. I do not have access to transportation to a shelter as I live in a rural area (Rainier, WA). I found an apartment in my area that I can afford on my own but with my given in come I can't afford the deposit of $800.
Thank you,
Sheerhan

Post by Sheerhan »

I've been approved for section 8 low income housing apartment threw Seattle housing authority in Washington. It is at South shore court apartments in south Seattle. To confirm this you can call my case worker and ask her about me being approved for this apartment threw Seattle housing authority.
I'm really in need of this rental and deposit help. Do call me, and thank you very much.
Pamela Dyson

Post by Pamela Dyson »

Dear friends, I am 70 years old with a 41 year old son that because of medical reasons cannot work. I get 1,800 monthly for social security. I need to move from where I am in Bellingham. I can afford unto 900 including utilities. What I would need help is with the deposit and last month as I live check to check. I am looking for a two bedroom in downtown Bellingham, WA. Thank you very much,
Francheska

Post by Francheska »

I am looking for rental assistance for my 72 year old mother. She is a resident of Vancouver, WA 98686, Clark County, Washington. She resides in the Independent Living Section.
She has lived there for one year, December 2015 to the present. She sold her condominium in June of 2015, in order to move to a senior citizen facility, upon the recommendation of our family physician. We toured many senior independent care facilities in Vancouver and found that the facilities that were updated, clean and offered benefits such as a private apartments, dining room, meals, laundry, security, and the services she would need as she gets older and needs more assistance with daily living, were full and had waiting lists of 1 year or more.
We heard about a new place that had just opened in Salmon Creek, contacted them and were told that they had one available vacancy. She rented it sight unseen so as to secure a place to live. Her rent was $2,540.00, which is inclusive of all utilities, food, laundry facilities, help with housekeeping and transportation and assistance to and from local stores. The cost was in the same price range per square foot as Vancouver Mall Retirement Facility that we had liked, but had a waiting list of 1 year.
She receives Social Security in the amount of $1518.00 per month along with a monthly pension payment of $12.00 (twelve dollars) from a pension plan of my Father's, who passed away in 2005.So A total of $1530.00 income per month. She relied on the proceeds from selling her condominium, along with her income to pay her rent.
She lives frugally and gets by on very little. The money that she had from selling her condo is now gone. Her rent went up to $2616.00 effective June 1st, 2016. I paid her rent for June and as a result was unable to pay my bills or buy groceries for myself. I am 45 years old, widowed and worked full time for 20 years prior to being diagnosed with severe Fibromyalgia in 20081, at which time I had to quit working and was awarded Social Security Disability. I rent a 2 bedroom townhouse in Vancouver and have my 20 year old daughter, who is disabled living with me. I do not have income sufficient to pay my mother's rent in addition to my own bills. I am very limited in what I can do, both physically and emotionally and am not able to move her in with me or care for her on a daily basis. I take care of all of her personal business, pay her bills, take her to and from Doctor and other appointments, as well as accompany her during the appointments, set up her daily medications once a week, and shop for any items she needs.
I am scared and feel helpless and hopeless as far as finding a solution to pay her rent. I love my Mother and want her to be able to live in comfort, with dignity, for the years she has left. We are in the reversal of roles that takes place as a parent ages and I want to give her the love and security that she gave me growing up.
I am hoping that you can guide me in the right direction because I have nowhere else to turn.
Thank you in advance for any help that you can give me.
Sincerely,
Vancouver, WA 98660
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did she try senior housing? As if she is 72, that may be an option. There are supportive units, low income apartments, and much more.
As far as the help, find assistance for paying rent in Vancouver, as there are options to try. Maybe a government grant or charity will help your 72 year old mom.
Francheska wrote:I am looking for rental assistance for my 72 year old mother. She is a resident of Vancouver, WA 98686, Clark County, Washington. She resides in the Independent Living Section.
Thank you in advance for any help that you can give me.
Sincerely,
Vancouver, WA 98660
Ebonee

Post by Ebonee »

Hello,
My name is Alexander. I am looking for any rental assistance that is possible. I live in Burien, Washington, in King County. I am two months behind on rent and just obtained a job for five days each week. My rent is 1500 a month before utilities. I am trying to catch up on my rent at my apartment and to make ends meet between food, bills and my rent. I am doing my best. If there is anything that I can apply for to get partial or any kind of help relating to rental assistance that would be beyond helpful to my situation in Washington. Thank you so much for your time and help. God bless.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Financial assistance is available in Seattle, especially since you just got a job. There are many charities and government programs that may help you move. Or short term housing. Either way you have options, and get financial assistance in Seattle WA.
Ebonee wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:14 am Hello,
My name is Alexander. I am looking for any rental assistance that is possible. I live in King County. I am two months behind on rent and just obtained a job for five days each week.
Janedoe

Post by Janedoe »

Hello my name is Sandi, I am 70 years old living in my car and have been for the last 5 months. I right now am unemployed but looking for a job using what’s available to me at Worksource in Bellingham, WA. I need to move into a home but need deposit help.
My car is all I have right now. I get very little from social security a month, it doesn’t even cover my bills.
I am needing help with a maintenance on my car. This is in addition to a deposit and help moving in Bellingham Washington.
I have a 2015 Honda Civic and have always kept it up. I have little by little done some things towards the maintenance so that my bill for the remainder will not be a lot. I have had the oil changed, put in the air filter, the cabin filter, replaced the rubber on my windshield wipers, and I replaced 2 headlight bulbs.
What is left is to do is the transmission fluid, brake fluid, and to add antifreeze/ coolant.
The total for this is 388.63.
They deducted for the things I had done. This is at a 76 station that I had been using for the past 6 years.
I do need to keep my car up and running because it’s the only shelter I have right now. It would help me to go on interviews and be safe.
The service is do now.
I would so appreciate it if you could please help me with my car’s maintenance and help moving in WA.