Stage 4 cancer housing

Find how to get help with rent
KevinR
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Stage 4 cancer housing

Post by KevinR »

Hello. My mother was diagnosed with stage 4 cervical cancer in May 2016. She already was treated with radiation and has just started chemotherapy. Out of her 6 children, 3 are still under aged and living at home including, a 16 year old, a 14 year old and a 5 year old.
My father had knee surgery in April 2016 and just had stents put in his heart last week. Currently, neither one of my parents are working due to medical reasons. My mother is trying to request financial aid help but the paperwork is very difficult for her to fill out while under medication.
Our biggest problem is that they live in an upstairs apartment in San Diego, California. Housing cost are high here and we are not having any luck finding a downstairs apartment that is affordable. So my question for you is, are there any resources that you might be aware of for immediate affordable housing in San Diego for cancer patients undergoing chemo? Thank you for your time.
Janedoe

Re: Stage 4 cancer housing

Post by Janedoe »

My name is Shana. My brother’s name is Robert. He lives in Hastings, Nebraska. Our mom (Margie Fox) is in the Regional Medical Center in Grand Island with stage 4 cancer and she needs housing. I am trying to help him find transportation that will take him to see her and also take him back home. He is in a wheelchair because he has had Cerebral Palsy since birth. He is on Medicaid and SSI for his cancer too, I believe and can’t afford transportation or housing for them. I am on Medicaid and snap and can’t afford to pay for it either. Our mom is 75 years old and has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. Unfortunately, we believe that she won’t live much longer with the stage 4 cancer. He really wants to see her again before she passes. We don’t have any way of transporting him back and forth. I was hoping that you could help us find transportation for him. Thank you for your time.
Shana
ATHENAFARIS
anti spam: Blue

Post by ATHENAFARIS »

Hello,
My name is Lily and I was referred to your website by the United Way. My 2 year old has been diagnosed with state 4 cancer and ever since the diagnosis neither my husband nor I have been able to work due to the continuous hospital stays so we need help for his state 4 cancer. We also have appointments, unexpected emergency room trips, and him being unable to attend daycare because he is immunocompromised. We live in Prescott, WI and are interested in help paying our rent and/or utility bills for our housing. I can be reached at this email address:
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

There is help for cancer patients, including for housing, rent and more. Non-profits, charities and the government benefits may all be an option. So you can try, and look here for free cash for cancer patients.