Just lost job, needing help with rent

Find how to get help with rent
Debra W
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Just lost job, needing help with rent

Post by Debra W »

Both my fiance and I have just recently lost our jobs. We are asking for any assistance in paying for the month of April's rent. Knowing that the economy is bad off, and both of us are desperately searching for employment, I would appreciate any financial assistance or suggestions. Every night I pray to God that something will come in our desperate times.

Would like to thank you for taking the time in reading this, and any financial help or just anything would be one of my many prayers answered.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Just lost job, needing help with rent

Post by Admin »

As I always ask, what state? People always need to provide that. Without knowing the state, hard to direct anyone towards rent programs.
Without having more info, maybe you can try the Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program (HPRP). This was created from the federal stimulus program. Aid is being distributed based on the same formula that is currently used for the Emergency Shelter Grants (ESG) program. Maybe contact your local community action agency and ask if they offer the HPRP program.
Jimmysmith19a

Post by Jimmysmith19a »

I am desperately trying to find a contact for assistance in Williamson county, texas, for rent assistance. I have been out of work for over two years (!!!!), my husband for a year, we have four children and a granddaughter living with us. We are living off my husband's unemployment and my child support (for one child). Our rent for September is due today, and there is no way we can pay. Every check we have written to our property rental agency for the last six months has bounced (we catch up only to fall behind again), so they are less than willing to work with us. PLEASE HELP! We need direction...
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Some places to look for help in Williamson County include Lone Star Circle of Care at 512-868-1124. They offer federal government funded assistance programs to low income individuals. Round Rock Area Serving Center is another option in the area. These places provide emergency financial aid for rent, mortgages, energy bills, and other forms of support.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ce_p1.html
Jimmysmith19a wrote:I am desperately trying to find a contact for assistance in Williamson county, texas, for rent assistance. I have been out of work for over two years (!!!!), my husband for a year, we have four children and a granddaughter living with us. We are living off my husband's unemployment and my child support (for one child). Our rent for September is due today, and there is no way we can pay. Every check we have written to our property rental agency for the last six months has bounced (we catch up only to fall behind again), so they are less than willing to work with us. PLEASE HELP! We need direction...
kim.ray12

Post by kim.ray12 »

I am a hardworking college student with a part time job that pays me $8.35 per hour as I just lost my higher paying job a few weeks ago. I have a 7 year old son, and need rental help, just for December would be great, my rent is $430 a month, even half of that with help would be great for me, there is one resource here but they fill up easily and i never get a chance to receive their help, is there anyone else who can help me out at this season? I appreciate your reply. I live in Utah.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Looks like you registered from Denver Colorado? If so, here is info on rent assistance and other aid, such as debt and credit counseling, in the Denver area. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/den ... grams.html
Try places like the Denver Inner City Parish (phone 303.629.0636), which helps low income and people who have lost their jobs.
The Denver Department of Human Services (phone (720) 944-2031) offers money for rent and medical supplies, as well as other forms of financial assistance programs.
kim.ray12 wrote:I am a hardworking college student with a part time job that pays me $8.35 per hour as I just lost my higher paying job a few weeks ago. I have a 7 year old son, and need rental help, just for December would be great, my rent is $430 a month, even half of that with help would be great for me, there is one resource here but they fill up easily and i never get a chance to receive their help, is there anyone else who can help me out at this season? I appreciate your reply. I live in Utah.