Looking for a safe apartment

Find how to get help with rent
Lifestyle
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Looking for a safe apartment

Post by Lifestyle »

Hi. I am currently living at the Skyline in Rochester, NY. I had to pay back month's rent because I held back one month rent due to bedbugs in the building. Right now, I haven't seen any in over a month, but it doesn't mean they aren't still in the building.
I am on Section 8 because I am disabled and was homeless back in 2012. I am desperately seeking to find another place to live that is clean and safe. I am in recovery from drugs and alcohol and this building is getting more and more dangerous to live in. There was a * yesterday, there's drugs and drug activity in the building, shootings right down the street, not to mention the bedbugs in the building.
I am currently sleeping on an air mattress and have no furniture left due to the bedbugs. I'm getting more and more depressed due to this situation. It's hard to find a decent place to live that takes Section 8 and pets. (I have 3 cats.) I am very clean and take very good care of my cats. I was almost homeless again, but decided to pay the two month's rent because I couldn't find another place to live! Please, if you can give me any advice, suggestions, ideas, I'd welcome it! I'm at my wits end. Thank you.
SteveZell
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Looking for a safe apartment

Post by SteveZell »

My son and I relocated quickly from his father. We had to rent a storage unit in Georgetown Texas, where we move from because I could not afford to have everything moved and nowhere to put it in our small, safe apartment. We picked up and left within 24 hours and all of our Christmas decorations are in storage. I am a single mom and I am working three jobs right now delivering for Amazon Flex, DoorDash, Uber eats. We need another safe apartment to live in.
hat I have no help and storage is behind and if I don’t pay it not only are they going to auction it but they won’t let us get our Christmas decorations, our Christmas tree and we’re just not gonna have a Christmas and I am begging for any help.