Rent assistance programs for people with mental illness

Find how to get help with rent
Ego Server
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Rent assistance programs for people with mental illness

Post by Ego Server »

Hello, I'm a single mother of two school age boys. Back in July I recently had to quit my job for 13 years because of my ongoing mental issues. I applied for SSI disability but was later denied after waiting for 5 months. Of course I've appealed their decision and have applied for other financial aid for mentally ill, but that will take them another 12 to 16 months just in order for me to get an appeal date.
So now my rent is $2,500 dollars past due I was hoping if you could help me pay that to my landlord, he would be very grateful for that as well as my two boys and I. Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rent assistance programs for people with mental illness

Post by Admin »

If you were denied for disability, there must be a reason for it. So your chances of getting rental assistance will be more limited as agencies probably expect you to work, etc. In fact, why do you not have a job? There is no guarantee to getting SSI anyway, so what do you plan on doing for the next 12 - 16 months? You can trying a program that offers help paying rent, but that issue you have on not working is a big barrier to overcome.
Ego Server wrote:Of course I've appealed their decision and have applied for other financial aid for mentally ill, but that will take them another 12 to 16 months just in order for me to get an appeal date.
So now my rent is $2,500 dollars past due I was hoping if you could help me pay that to my landlord, he would be very grateful for that as well as my two boys and I. Thank you,
Denise234

Post by Denise234 »

I am a father of 5 who due to an illness has missed a lot of work since January 2015. I have fallen behind on my rent and in desperate need to get help paying my rent. I am 2 months behind and owe 2200 dollars.
I have an eviction coming up December 25 2017 to vacate with my children and belongings by this date and have no were to go with my family. I've tried every charity one can think of and I haven't gotten a call back. Today is December 25 2017 and eviction coming soon. Dad in need of help to keep my family together. Please help.
Devain

Post by Devain »

I'm a 10 month school employee who had a job lined up for the summer, since I knew June would be my last paycheck until September 2018, however, the company cut back on a few employees, and I was no longer needed before I started. I received my last check in June along with losing 7 days of no pay for teacher assistants and I was unable to pay rent for June, July & August.
I spoke with my landlord via letter and he's willing to work with me, even though I have a mental illness. I've been seeking part time work the whole summer and found nothing. I'm steady searching and I plan on working part time when I find employment because I seriously behind on rent. I know others are struggling as well, but I'm believing for miracles for all of us! Thank you.