Apply for section 8 for an emergency

Find how to get help with rent
Closedcaption
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Apply for section 8 for an emergency

Post by Closedcaption » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:09 pm

I am in a domestic violence situation. The kind of abuse towards me was: physical, emotional, economical. I have the three boys ages 14, 12, and 2. The youngest is his son. The abuser is moving out tonight. I have been an at home mom for three years. He has ruined my credit, took the van, shut off internet (I am lucky to have data on my phone), left me with no money, no way go pay for bills.
I need emergency section 8. The landlord is willing to sign whatever form is needed. My children are starting school in a couple of weeks. I need help with getting them school supplies, school clothes, and some counseling, to help with the change and how to adjust. Please help me with leading me and my family in the right direction to apply for section 8 in our crisis.
Thank you.

Gail

Re: Apply for section 8 for an emergency

Post by Gail » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:02 am

I am currently looking for emergency housing, for my wife and daughter who just graduated High School. I am currently receiving SSD and have applied for Section 8 voucher. My situation is we live from house to house looking for shelter but cannot seem to receive the help we need for an apartment.
I would like a stable home for my family and my daughter who is beginning college this fall. Any suggestions or help? Any information would be gladly appreciated.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Apply for section 8 for an emergency

Post by Admin » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:25 pm

Section 8 is not an emergency program. It often takes years to get help or into housing. But if you are disabled you may get some priority on the list.
We do have some other options though, and they are listed here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html