me and young son live in hotel need rent help

Find how to get help with rent
sgbiggenz
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

me and young son live in hotel need rent help

Post by sgbiggenz »

Me and my young son live in hotel. Just won custody and due to being in court I'm short on rent money. No bank account so loans don't apply. I have til Tuesday to come up with $400. If not we will be put in the street. No family, no friends. Please help us.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: me and young son live in hotel need rent help

Post by Admin »

Try the federal government Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program (HPRP). It was created from government stimulus funds. It can provide money for rent, security deposits, and even motel and hotel vouchers so people can live there for free. At least for a short time. Contact either your local community action agency or the Salvation Army for contact info in your area.
Hood

Post by Hood »

I am a single mom with an18 month old baby. I have recently became homeless two days ago. I moved here to Oregon from California escaping from domestic violence. I have a DV grant that runs out on the 7th of October. They will cover $1200 of first and last month but I can't seem to find anywhere that I can afford monthly. I am on TANF. Which is only $430 a month. My son and I have no one here to go to for help. We slept in a hotel for one night and now our car for two nights now. I am beyond lost and confused. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try transitional housing or, while I hate to say it, look into a shelter. There are many different options in San Bernardo County. They may run some low rent units and apartments for you. They also have information on other low income housing benefits in the state of California. So maybe you can afford them. Click here.
Cambridge1

Post by Cambridge1 »

I am disabled and have been living in an Extended stay hotel for 3 years with my child. My check only covers 3 weeks. I had a unexpected expense last month that has me financially in a bind. 500.00 will recover me until I get my disability allowance. I don't have anyone or do I know where else to go or a way to get there. The 211 gave me the list. There is still no one that has even called me back. The few that I have spoken with are out of funds. I am number 15 on the section 8 since 7/2013, but they won't answer my calls and the website I don't understand. Where to go or what to do. God please help me stable my life. I want my life as I once knew it...Productive and stable. I need someone’s assistance before I loose what little I have left.
Dominque

Post by Dominque »

I am currently pregnant and make $1000 a month. I am currently sleeping on random sofas. I was kicked out by the father of the baby because I didn't have an abortion. I want to go back to school and be able to fully support my child.

For the first time in my life I have to reach out for help. I am in need of a two bedroom place. I work in mason Ohio and would like to find a place near there to save on gas. I do have a dog that I have had for 5 years and am doing everything to keep her. She has been a huge help with my depression issue with my pregnancy. I am high risk and the stress of everything is causing more issues with my pregnancy. If you can help please let me know.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are some agencies that may offer housing help in Warren County. Sometimes Catholic Charities has pregnancy programs or you can turn to a shelter while you save up for that 2 bedroom apartment. But once you have the kid you will miss work, have higher expenses, etc. So you need a long term solution. Maybe save on rent by living with family or friends, as you have serious struggles in front of you.
Dominque wrote:I am currently pregnant and make $1000 a month. I am currently sleeping on random sofas. I was kicked out by the father of the baby because I didn't have an abortion. I want to go back to school and be able to fully support my child.

For the first time in my life I have to reach out for help. I am in need of a two bedroom place. I work in mason Ohio and would like to find a place near there to save on gas. I do have a dog that I have had for 5 years and am doing everything to keep her. She has been a huge help with my depression issue with my pregnancy. I am high risk and the stress of everything is causing more issues with my pregnancy. If you can help please let me know.