Find how to get help with rent
tiyoshi
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Furniture, couches, and deposit money

Post by tiyoshi »

Hello,
I went on website and not sure what I was doing wrong but couldn’t find a phone number of who I would call to see about getting financial help for first and last for a new apartment. I am a homeless, single mom who was able to find a place but am having trouble coming up with the first and last that the landlord is asking for.
I also was wondering if there is help out there to get beds and furniture (couch). I do work full time but do not make enough to have savings. I do receive food stamps if that is something that might prove I am qualify financially for assistance. I would appreciate any help you might be able to give me. I live in New Bedford, MA.
Clarence

Re: Furniture, couches, and deposit money

Post by Clarence »

I’m a pregnant 29 yrs old. I am staying with a friend. She said her boyfriend said I cant stay with them. I have tried applying for public assistance and they told me I would have 2 take my chances in the street until I give birth.
I found an apartment complex but I can only pay the first months rent of 670 and since I don’t have good credit they are asking for an extra 670 for security deposit but I don’t have anyone that can help me. We also need furniture for the apartment too. I've tried a shelter and they told me I have to stay in the street for 4~6 Weeks before they can take me in. So I need all the help I can get. So I can get the deposit money, some beds to sleep in and a couch to sit on, and have a roof under my head. Can you please tell me how I can get help to get the 670.
Whitney

Re: Furniture, couches, and deposit money

Post by Whitney »

Hi,
I just had a few questions about the assistance that is offered. I live in Manassas Virginia and My fiancé and I are moving out of a very small bedroom that we shared with our 2 kids into a town house. With Christmas just passing and us recently paying $400 to fix our car we are short on our Security Deposit and I was wondering if you guys help with that?
Also We have absolutely no furniture to put in our new home and I was wondering if you could refer me to a place that could help with that.
Thanks In Advance,