2 bedroom apartment

Find how to get help with rent
Conners
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

2 bedroom apartment

Post by Conners »

I have been living in my 1 bedroom apartment for the past 6 months. Due to how small this apartment is and not being able to afford a 2 bedroom, My daughter who just turned 15 is now living with her Dad whom has a Family of his own and cannot afford to care for her either. I am receiving SSI and was receiving Cash aid to pay the remaining $350 of my rent.
Now I am searching for part time work and need immediate assistance in paying my rent. I also need to find a 2 bedroom with lower rent. Right now my rent is $1150. Please send me any type of program that can assist me and my daughter to get back on my feet. I am desperately in need of a car as well and have not been able to save enough to buy one or put a down payment for one.
Rocky

Re: 2 bedroom apartment

Post by Rocky »

I'm a 19 kid living in Harrisonburg VA, I just lost my job in Massanutten which forced me to withdraw from college at EMU. I was in a 2 bedroom apartment with a roommate. I have a Volkswagen Golf that I just spent 3600 repairing after some parts went bad. It completely dried up my savings and now I am $1700 in the hole for rent, I know I'm about to be evicted and I'm looking for a job but even then I don't know if it will prevent and eviction, please help.
James1

Post by James1 »

I am writing on behalf of my son. He has an 11-yr old daughter and is living in a one bedroom apartment. He needs help in getting a two bedroom apartment but he is having a hard time paying rent for a one bedroom. He is no longer getting food stamps so he's going to need help with food.
He is working but he doesn't make enough to cover all bills so if you could help or point him to someone who could help him, we would appreciate it. P.S. I am trying to help him from Florida to get him help in Austin. Thank you for your help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If he can't afford his current one bedroom apartment, what makes you think he can pay for a 2 bedroom unit in Austin? Sounds like a horrible idea. Maybe he should live with you to save money and get his life back in order. Or take some other steps around his life in general before him and his 11 year old daughter go through a life of poverty. Anyhow, try these agencies for apartment rent assistance in Austin.
James1 wrote:I am writing on behalf of my son. He has an 11-yr old daughter and is living in a one bedroom apartment. He needs help in getting a two bedroom apartment but he is having a hard time paying rent for a one bedroom. He is no longer getting food stamps so he's going to need help with food.
He is working but he doesn't make enough to cover all bills so if you could help or point him to someone who could help him, we would appreciate it. P.S. I am trying to help him from Florida to get him help in Austin. Thank you for your help.
sheniqua

Post by sheniqua »

I am currently homeless and was approved for a 2 bedroom apartment through Dorothy's Place for my children and me. The apartment is ready to move in and to fill out the paperwork. My only hiccup is that the deposit is $600 that I don't have Because I am on sanction through DSHS from the last time I was on TANF, I do not qualify for one of their grant programs.
I am a single mother going to school and trying to put a roof over my children's heads. If you can help or know of anyone who can help it would be much appreciated. I am supposed to sign papers today at 2 to move in. Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Were you on TANF for 60 months? If not, you may be able to reapply. Maybe they can get you into a new 2 bedroom home or pay the deposit. Find a list of cash assistance from TANF by state and where to apply.
sheniqua wrote:through DSHS from the last time I was on TANF, I do not qualify for one of their grant programs.
chelsea

Post by chelsea »

Greetings,
I received a referral from the Community Housing Network to contact your organization about potential financial and rental assistance. I will lose my two bedroom apartment if I do not pay the full past due balance April 4th. I do not have sufficient funds to remain or to relocate. In March I lost my source of income, roommate and the resources to build an online business resulting from pandemic. My functional capacity is unpredictably limited by spinal disorders including abnormal curvatures, disc herniation, and neuropathy. Eliminating the past due balance will allow me to renew and modify my lease for the 2 bedroom apartment. The rental rate will decrease from the standard month to month rental rate $1035 to $796/ month and I will be able to add occupants therefore share household expenses and chores. I realize that there are a lot of people in need right now and that I may not receive assistance. I appreciate the time and consideration given to this interaction all the same.