Broker fee to lease an apartment

Find how to get help with rent
Pleasant
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Broker fee to lease an apartment

Post by Pleasant »

Hello, I am currently in a one bedroom with my 3 kids, one of whom is a 2 year old boy. After fighting section 8 for 3 years I finally received my moving voucher. Now that I have it no one will take me because I don't have the security deposit and broker fee which is 2 months of rent.
My voucher is for a 3 bedroom apartment totaling at $1,982. I am a full time nursing student and right now I am on public assistance. I have bad credit but some landlords are willing to accept that if I have 2 months’ rent up front if I could pay the broker fee to lease the home. Please help my voucher expires October 2nd and I really can't afford to lose it and start the process all over again. Thanks for your time.
Swifter1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Broker fee to lease an apartment

Post by Swifter1 »

Husband, 13 year old old daughter and I just moved into apartment on the first of month. We had to pay a broker to help us find it. I am currently the only one employed at this time. My husband is actively looking for work but getting around is hard with lack of transportation and no funds to use local bus.
Its proven to be much harder than we had anticipated. Our first rent is due on 1st of January at a total of 479.00 and we still owe 150.00 on rest of our deposit, not to mention the fee to the broker. My checks are not going to be able to cover our rent and stressing out bad.
If we could get help with our rent for 2 months then I could use my checks to get us bus passes for the month which will make it easier for my husband to get around and get a job but also I could pay what's left on deposit with my income. We can't lose our home. We just got it and it took so long for us to finally get a home of our own. It’s a one bedroom which we all 3 live in but it’s ours.