Working poor rent money needed for housing

Find how to get help with rent
Radostina
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Working poor rent money needed for housing

Post by Radostina »

I have 6 days to find somewhere to live. My family and I are being evicted by some very crooked landlords. My husband and I are working poor, but he was a veteran. He works full time and I have 2 jobs. We don't exactly stay in the best neighborhood but we have tried to make the best of a bad situation. But we are getting evicted and we work every day. While our neighbors sit outside living off the taxes coming out our checks every day, doing absolutely nothing. Our landlord would like us to move ASAP.
We have been at deficit on our rent before and have paid them in full each time. My husband's employer was going to allow him to cash in his stock in an emergency situation for some extra money. Well the landlord was informed of the situation was going let us do that. But instead of them working with us they did the opposite. For 2 years we have not had a lease and have been asking for one. For this type of emergency you needed a current lease they were only giving us a copy of an old lease to send in to his job. Well it has been back and forth and we received a lease that was updated for 2 months for this year. After we thought they were going to work with us they didn't. After we signed the "updated" lease they filed the eviction due to our lack of money.
The judged ruled against because we are too far behind. I would like finding a place not for myself of my husband, but for my girls. We don't know if we will still receive the funds after this but I want to make sure my girls have sort of shelter. We did wait until the last minute but we have no family in Georgia that we can depend on. It is just the 4 of us, but as we said it is hard being considered "working poor:. I live Atlanta, GA and need all the help we can possibly get. My apologies. Thank you in advance for reading this. I just need some sort of strategy to budget better so I can make sure I am never in this situation again and we can keep up on our rent. Or to maybe own my own home.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Working poor rent money needed for housing

Post by Admin »

Well, to say your neighbors live off taxes coming from you is just wrong and completely inappropriate. We can say you are costing us money by not being able to go to housing court, and taking precious time and resources of our legal system. You are also clearly struggling with rent and what not, and as you say are working poor. So before you even think about talking about others (which you should never do by the way), maybe get your own act taking care of. Make your own money, improve education, get a better job to pay your rent, etc. If you need help after all that, then try this for housing assistance. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html

Radostina wrote:I have 6 days to find somewhere to live. My family and I are being evicted by some very crooked landlords. My husband and I are working poor, but he was a veteran. He works full time and I have 2 jobs. We don't exactly stay in the best neighborhood but we have tried to make the best of a bad situation. But we are getting evicted and we work every day. While our neighbors sit outside living off the taxes coming out our checks every day, doing absolutely nothing. Our landlord would like us to move ASAP.
We have been at deficit on our rent before and have paid them in full each time. My husband's employer was going to allow him to cash in his stock in an emergency situation for some extra money. Well the landlord was informed of the situation was going let us do that. But instead of them working with us they did the opposite. For 2 years we have not had a lease and have been asking for one. For this type of emergency you needed a current lease they were only giving us a copy of an old lease to send in to his job. Well it has been back and forth and we received a lease that was updated for 2 months for this year. After we thought they were going to work with us they didn't. After we signed the "updated" lease they filed the eviction due to our lack of money.
The judged ruled against because we are too far behind. I would like finding a place not for myself of my husband, but for my girls. We don't know if we will still receive the funds after this but I want to make sure my girls have sort of shelter. We did wait until the last minute but we have no family in Georgia that we can depend on. It is just the 4 of us, but as we said it is hard being considered "working poor:. I live Atlanta, GA and need all the help we can possibly get. My apologies. Thank you in advance for reading this. I just need some sort of strategy to budget better so I can make sure I am never in this situation again and we can keep up on our rent. Or to maybe own my own home.
KStewart

Post by KStewart »

Hello, I'm trying to find out about any resources for rental assistance for the poor. Or emergency shelter. I come down from DFW TX monthly to help my disabled vet father for about 10 days monthly. Due to this he just lost his housing due to not requesting reasonable accommodations or replying/appealing in time. He is now in Bryan TX but anywhere between here and DFW would be fine. But I'm trying to find immediate rental assistance for this month's rent since HUD won't be paying it since working poor and have an income. He does have an animal (dog) that is a registered service/companion animal. And I have a 4 year old disabled son. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have information on both shelters and rent assistance in Brazo County. Find them here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... progr.html
You also mentioned your father is a vet and also disabled. Maybe look into some of the benefit programs for military members/vets and well as disability for paying rent.
KStewart wrote:Hello, I'm trying to find out about any resources for rental assistance for the poor. Or emergency shelter. I come down from DFW TX monthly to help my disabled vet father for about 10 days monthly. Due to this he just lost his housing due to not requesting reasonable accommodations or replying/appealing in time. He is now in Bryan TX but anywhere between here and DFW would be fine.
Offtherack

Post by Offtherack »

HELLO, I AM NEED OF URGENT HOUSING FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE. I LOST MY FULLTIME EMPLOYMENT IN JULY OF THIS YEAR, WHICH CAUSED ME TO FALL BEHIND IN MY RENT PAYMENTS. I HAVE BEEN ADVISED BY MY CURRENT LANDLORD THAT EVICTION PROCEEDINGS WILL BEGIN WITHIN THE WEEK. I WAS ABLE TO PROSPECTIVELY OBTAIN RESIDENCE FOR A NEW APARTMENT, HOWEVER, I AM UNABLE TO PAY THE SECURITY DEPOSIT IN THE AMOUNT OF $850.00. MY ONLY SOURCE OF INCOME CURRENTLY IS PARTTIME EMPLOYMENT. I HAVE ALSO RECENTLY FILED FOR DISABILITY AS WELL AS UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS AND AWAITING DETERMINATION FOR BOTH.
PLEASE ADVICE AT YOUR EARLIEST CONVENIENCE AS TIME IS AS OF THE ESSENCE.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

How about unemployment if you lost your job? Of course there are also homeless prevention programs in Illinois. But if you only have a week you need to obviously move quickly to get eviction help.
Offtherack wrote:HELLO, I AM NEED OF URGENT HOUSING FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE. I LOST MY FULLTIME EMPLOYMENT IN JULY OF THIS YEAR, WHICH CAUSED ME TO FALL BEHIND IN MY RENT PAYMENTS. I HAVE BEEN ADVISED BY MY CURRENT LANDLORD THAT EVICTION PROCEEDINGS WILL BEGIN WITHIN THE WEEK. .
Booty

Post by Booty »

Good morning.
I am looking for assistance to pay my rent as I am one of the working poor. I had a car accident on November 17 and my car was totaled. This accident cause me to lose my job, I was a mobile notary and the company I was working for let me go as soon as they found out about the accident. I have not found another job them. Like most Americans, I am working poor and didn't had enough savings for both Bill paying and rent. Now my rent is 10 days behind and I don't know who to turn to. Any information will be really appreciated.