Find how to get help with rent
Krampus
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Trying to get out of a shelter so need security deposit help in Massachuseets

Post by Krampus »

Hi
I've been directed to contact Home Base by my son's therapist over at Family Continuity in Lawrence. After disguising our current living situation, she advised me to seek help through Home Base. I am a single parent of one child (3 year old boy). I am 28 years old currently working full time. Even with my full time job I can't afford an apartment. We are currently living in a place not suitable for a child (no kitchen and cramped space) and will possibly be evicted soon. I have nowhere to go nor family members to stay with. I have considered a shelter but was told to consider help through Home Base first. Timing is limited so I am seeking help ASAP. I would like more information on how this program can help me.
Thank you.
Smoother

Re: Trying to get out of a shelter so need security deposit help in Massachuseets

Post by Smoother »

I am living in a shelter with my 9 year old son. We have been there almost 90 days. Our exit date is December 4 and we have no other shelter or organization to stay at temporarily because I am a father with a child. I am staying at the Salvation Army m.a.t.t.s. shelter on mound road in warren, Michigan. I also a veteran, and we need security deposit help to leave the shelter.
I am also trying to pay my light bill for a closed account to avoid being refused housing whenever I get accepted by apartment and/or property owner. I am scheduled to receive a Hud-Vash housing voucher on August 19. I have applied for an extension at the Salvation Army, but as of yet I have not received a define answer to my request for an extension.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trying to get out of a shelter so need security deposit help in Massachuseets

Post by Admin »

There are security deposit assistance programs in Massachusetts here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... d_hom.html
But are you in MI or Massachusetts. Also, the Salvation Army may have some ideas or financial aid for you, especially if you have a job and were an otherwise good client in their homeless shelter.
Smoother wrote:I am living in a shelter with my 9 year old son. We have been there almost 90 days. Our exit date is December 4 and we have no other shelter or organization to stay at temporarily because I am a father with a child. I am staying at the Salvation Army m.a.t.t.s. shelter on mound road in warren, Michigan. I also a veteran, and we need security deposit help to leave the shelter.
I am also trying to pay my light bill for a closed account to avoid being refused housing whenever I get accepted by apartment and/or property owner. I am scheduled to receive a Hud-Vash housing voucher on August 19. I have applied for an extension at the Salvation Army, but as of yet I have not received a define answer to my request for an extension.