Handicapped accessible housing

Find how to get help with rent
missionredder
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Handicapped accessible housing

Post by missionredder »

Good afternoon. I am a husband and proud father of three sons. They are 7, 8 and 21 years old.
At the end of September, I suffered from strokes in my spine and brain. Blood filled my spine which cause swelling and now I am currently paralyzed from my waist down. I am currently in rehab at the Shepherd Center in Atlanta. I am at impatient until at least the end of December.
I am on short term disability and it is going to be a long road to recovery. Times are going to be very hard for my wife and children and I. Especially around the holidays.
If you could please help us out financially in any kind of way it would be so appreciated.
This money will go towards handicapped accessible housing for my family. Currently we are in an apartment in Roswell but will probably need to move to a home in the near future preferably one level that will accommodate all of my handicap needs. Especially a roll-in shower and a bathroom. It will also help cover any durable medical equipment needed that my insurance will not cover.
Currently my insurance only will cover a manual lift, a hospital bed and a manual wheelchair but that's pretty much it. I need bathroom supplies and so many other things.
We also have a compact car and are probably going to have to get into a bigger vehicle to transport me.
Also the holidays. I want my children to have a beautiful Christmas but currently we can't afford to get them anything do to my situation. My wife does work but she has been taking time off to help me with therapy and other things that are required over here at the Shepherd Center from my spouse.
Belief in God, a strong support system in a positive attitude is what I need to have right now. Everything helps. Thank you so much.
God bless.
Peruiu
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Handicapped accessible housing

Post by Peruiu »

I seem to have fallen out of any special interest group and I need some housing assistance and I have no one to turn to as I am handicapped. As a disabled women in her 30s my friends have their own families and they need to look after their own fitness before helping. I don't want to take away anything from a child's teacher to relieve my current distress. However I am going to Maine.
I have been waiting for many years so we can take to get occasion push through Social security.
My father killed himself and something my mother suffers from a severe criminally insane and I have PTSD as a result. Online for the state I founded assistance programs but I couldn't find anything to my situation. I don't do drugs or drink. I am handling problems and I'm not a veteran.
I'm not so handicapped that I cannot manage my own life, it's just that I don't have anything dependable to meet my housing goals. I do have two jobs and a part of my family, they are not an option. They are sort of like adopted children, not just going to abandon them when they're happy and I love having him. So I need help with stuff.
Most of them I see is because I need help with a data plan that has a lot of data on it. I need help with gas. I need help with oil change. I live in my car and I don't want to and I'm OK with that. I like the flexibility of the car. I would prefer to have a home but you know what whatever that's fine. I just need assistance because I don't have my steady source of income anymore and I can't seem to find any program that might help and I've been to several! So I'm just trying to find something. I hope you guys might have some ideas. Thanks.