Section 8 paperwork not ready in Washington

Find how to get help with rent
Bobbie13
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Section 8 paperwork not ready in Washington

Post by Bobbie13 »

Hello, I live in Washington State, & currently receive HUD vouchers for section 8. The rental that I have lived in for over nine years failed the annual housing inspection this year because of disrepair, in spite of my efforts to convince the landlord to put some money into the 40-year old property. My current Housing Authority sent me a letter saying that the contract was to be terminated on NOV. 30th.
At that point, I requested my file to be sent down to another county. The new county will not have my new paperwork ready until the 1st of December. This leaves me the full month's rent for at least the first week of December to pay at my current residence, in addition to paying a security deposit and moving expenses to the new home.
Because my situation crosses county lines in Washington, neither county will offer or provide any help with section 8 or these other expenses. In essence, I am seeking a State, or federally funded resource that can help me with the deposit and moving expenses to the new place. This website provided oodles of leads and ideas for resources- THANK YOU! But, any additional, or specific leads would also be greatly appreciated...Thank You,
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Section 8 paperwork not ready in Washington

Post by Admin »

Thanks for the feedback on the oddles of leads we provide. We would really recommend talking to public housing authority in Washington, as they will be the experts on section 8 applications. They can provide tips on how to complete the paperwork, give ideas on where to turn to in Washington for deposit help (which is rare), go over repair services, and give you other advice as well. We would recommend calling the PHA in both your current county and the one you are moving to, as both may have tips on the section 8 HUD voucher process.
Bobbie13 wrote:Hello, I live in Washington State, & currently receive HUD vouchers for section 8. The rental that I have lived in for over nine years failed the annual housing inspection this year because of disrepair, in spite of my efforts to convince the landlord to put some money into the 40-year old property. My current Housing Authority sent me a letter saying that the contract was to be terminated on NOV. 30th.
Destiny1

Post by Destiny1 »

Hello;
I am located in WA State, east of Seattle, and I am helping a friend who is homeless and even in danger. My inquiry aim is to find out if there are programs associated with Rapid Rehousing in the Area of Seattle while he waits for a section 8 voucher.
My friend is a 25 year Old, adopted Russian female, who has been domestically abused via her adoptive parents, and lives in shelters to escape her parents' abuse. Adult Pro Services cannot assist Due to their investigation which required medical records to prove injuries. While at the shelter, her I.D., EBD card, and other vital documents were stolen so we now need to replace them. She Lives on $200 DSHS food, and $200 DSHS housing help per month.
The shelter situation is not safe and she has received threats, attempts of injury and an attempted strangulation, and yet cannot receive a restraining order on a specific person who drugged and assaulted
Her within the past month. I had paid for a very small "flat" for several months and was able to find furniture, etc. for her; however, her then boyfriend stole all of her possessions and moved her Out of the apartment to life on the streets, tent cities, and drug houses.
Finally, recovering from her abusive boyfriend's assault, she now has nothing and is in the process of replacing her vital documents. She still spends the night in the same shelter as the man who Drugged her and assaulted her, as the judge has delayed a restraining order until mid-January's hearing.
Please—if there is a program in the greater Seattle area for section 8 or other needs that would assist her to move into a small/low-cost apartment or housing for her safety and transition while she looks for work and restarts
Her life, let me know. She does not have a computer, but just today received a phone (although with very limited time for calls, texts). She has asked me to find out if there is any assistance for
Rent beyond the DSHS help that she now receives.
Thank you for your time reading this and responding.
Crapening

Post by Crapening »

I need assistance with applying for low income housing in Omak, WA or maybe section 8 as well. I just left a domestic violence situation with my two children and we are currently staying in my aunts living room, this is a very short term arraignment and we must find somewhere to live by the end of the month. I only make 1300 a month for me and my two children. I am also supposed to be receiving $480 in child support but I have not received any support yet.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

if you left a domestic violence situation, there are many agencies, charities, etc that may help. As they want you and your kids to be safe. Find the Okanogan assistance programs you need for help here.
Crapening wrote:I need assistance with applying for low income housing in Omak, WA or maybe section 8 as well. I just left a domestic violence situation with my two children and we are currently staying in my aunts living room.
CarterJ

Post by CarterJ »

Hi there,
My name is Benjamin and I have lived in my apartment here in Bellingham for nearly four years with section 8, even though the paperwork is late. I have always had my bills covered and my rent paid. When COVID hit, I lost my job as a receptionist for a major insurance corporation and found myself nearing homelessness quicker than I could imagine. With the help of the opportunity council and new tenant laws, I was able to keep my apartment and was assisted with my rent and utilities. But that assistance ran out for me in n March. I have recently started working as a custodian at Western Washington University and quickly getting back on my feet with a temporary position leading to a hopeful full time position with the state. However, I am now going on 2 months being behind in my rent and utilities and am at risk of shut offs and eviction. I was just reaching out to see if your organization had any funds available to assist me with these backed bills. By utilities are behind about $220 and my rent is $725 per month which totals $1450. I get paid twice monthly beginning on the tenth and 25th of each month so I'm really just asking for this short term help with section 8 paperwork. You can reach me at this email address along with my phone number. I am unavailable Monday thru Friday from 5am to 1:30pm as those are my work hours. Otherwise, I am available to chat. Thank you for your time and patience.