Move in deposit on a mobile home

Find how to get help with rent
Carolyn12
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Move in deposit on a mobile home

Post by Carolyn12 »

I lost my job and is being evicted because I have no income to pay my bill. My eviction date is Monday June 22, 2016. I have nowhere to go, no transportation. There's this nice lady willing to rent one of her mobile homes to me in Sneads, Florida (Jackson County). Who can I contact for assistance with paying the move in deposits/ first month’s rent and electrical deposits?
Diego
anti spam: Blue

Re: Move in deposit on a mobile home

Post by Diego »

Hi I have a question! My husband and I bought a Mobil home and then put it under our name. When I went to talk to the manager she told me that there was a process then I told her that the previous owners didn't say this to me. So I did as she told me and fill out the application and pay the application fee, cover the deposit and pay the rent it took them a month to accept the application then they said that I need it to make the contract so I did then. When I did the contract I ask them that if the money order I pay for the rent was for the month that I move in and she said yes that it was all done.
So when I moved in the mobile home I checked the mail and there was another bill for that month's deposit but I discarded because I had talked to the manager and she said that it was all done and the bill wasn't under my name. Now this month I got my next rent bill and I was expecting a normal rent bill but it turns out they are now charging me for the last month and this month and the late fees. I want to know if that month that the mobile home was vacant is still my responsibility?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Mobile homes do not usually have much assistance available to them. Agencies normally help with apartments, more permanent home placement too. So the aid tends to be more limited, But still apply for rental deposit help , as the most that can happen is someone says no. Also, those programs will not normally help pay for late fees either; so call another charity for that.
Diego wrote:So when I moved in the mobile home I checked the mail and there was another bill for that month's deposit but I discarded because I had talked to the manager and she said that it was all done and the bill wasn't under my name. Now this month I got my next rent bill and I was expecting a normal rent bill but it turns out they are now charging me for the last month and this month and the late fees. I want to know if that month that the mobile home was vacant is still my responsibility?
Clinicshipper

Post by Clinicshipper »

To whom it may concern:
I am a single mother who Is about to get her own place very soon. My future landlord said I needed a move in or security deposit for the house of only 1400 dollars. I work as a certified nursing assistant and my income is just now picking up. This is a very beautiful mobile home. It is located in Hammond Indiana and I plan to move within the next 30-40 days. If you need additional information, I can be reached. Thank you very much and God Bless you richly.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Now move in deposit help is not that common, but it is great since you are being pro-active (30 to 40 days notice). There are security deposit assistance programs in Lane County IN.
You can try those for help.
Clinicshipper wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:38 am This is a very beautiful mobile home. It is located in Hammond Indiana and I plan to move within the next 30-40 days. If you need additional information, I can be reached. Thank you very much and God Bless you richly.
Flipit

Post by Flipit »

I'm in the process of renting to own a mobile home in Collins Missouri but I'm short on utility and lot rent deposits. We were homeless before this opportunity came along.
I have COPD and need air conditioning and electric for my breathing machine.
I am disabled and need help with move in deposit.