Studio apartment

Find how to get help with rent
Ranndyred
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Studio apartment

Post by Ranndyred »

I need to know where to go and what to do? Here is the situation. My mother passed away and I was living in her home, I had to move. I just recently moved to Far Rockaway Queens and have been staying at my aunt’s house for two days. I found a studio apartment in far Rockaway, but can't afford it. I work only 15 hours a week and get paid approximately $250 every two weeks. What do I do?
TimothyMcConnel

Re: Studio apartment

Post by TimothyMcConnel »

Good morning, I am seeking for financial assistance to get into a studio or 1 bedroom apartment for me and my 8 year old son. I have seeked all kind of resources and nothing. I work but I am not able to put all that money up front for an studio apartment. Please let me if you can help or have anyone I can be referred to. Please call or email as soon as possible. I found a studio but they do accept the one shot deal as they want payment in cash.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

A security deposit program may pay some of the costs involved for moving into that studio apartment. Can you and your eight year old son live with someone else while you save more of your income? That will usually do the trick as saving money is critical. As even if you pay the deposit, you need to have some money for the rent on the studio. So try these programs for apartment deposit help and general budgeting advice too.
Coltsmakeit

Post by Coltsmakeit »

I've been trying to figure out if anyone could possibly help me with a security deposit. I work 30 to 40 hours a week & would be able to afford a studio apartment or room (something small) for me & my unborn child but every place I find wants first last & security. I became homeless when I was in between jobs & am really trying to make sure my child has a place of their own by the time they arrive. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Buffalo
anti spam: Blue

Post by Buffalo »

Hi there,
My name is Janice and my sister Nancy and I were able to recently get approved for a small studio apartment complex in Lancaster, after not having a permanent residence/place to call our own for a couple years now- the last time we lived at our own residence and had an actual residential address was in 2020 (we use Postal Connections for our current mailing address).
Although we were able to submit the security deposit for the studio apartment (mostly because of the contribution from my significant other), I will need help with the costs due at move-in, which is pro-rated first month rent (the amount of rent per month is 1275, to give you an idea, and we're moving in on March 6th) and a $300 non-refundable pet deposit for our cat, Star. Combined, it's an upfront cost that we definitely need help with, especially given that what we paid/pay for AirBNB and sometimes hotel accommodations is way more than a 1275 monthly rent; in fact, it was close to 2,000 or probably more a month for the studio apartment, and that's why we don't have much "up front" money, if that makes sense, because continuously paying for these temporary arrangements has burned holes in our wallets and leaves us little room to save money for the future and for these upfront apartment costs.
We are currently staying at an AirBNB arrangement in Marietta that we formed a good relationship with, but as you know it's not the same as having our own place/studio apartment at all. We are excited we got Approved but are anxious about the costs due on our move-in date of March 6th. Just to let you know, we make enough income that we should be able to make the monthly rent plus utilities - it is mainly the upfront costs of moving into an apartment that we're having a challenge with.
Just so you know, I work 2 jobs and my sister works 1, and I'm pretty sure we at least income-qualified for the apartment complex we got approved by. If you need the name of the apartment complex I can provide it. Money can be tight for my significant other too so unfortunately he won't be able to help much with the move-in costs. That's why I decided to reach out to you and describe my situation and the help we really need.
So, in short, is it possible for us to get help with the costs due at move-in for us? (1st month pro-rated rent plus pet deposit) If so, what would be our next steps in the process to take? (projected move-in date is March 6th).
Thanks so much and look forward to hearing from you,