Missing rent put me into eviction court

Find how to get help with rent
Josepha
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Missing rent put me into eviction court

Post by Josepha »

Hello, I'm contacting you because my best friend needs rent help. She is disabled, has a six year old and a fourteen year old in the house, her husband left her with 300 dollars in late fees on the house they are living in. He hit her in the face a few weeks ago. I've got pictures she made a police report. She is still waiting on disability to come through.
She was served eviction papers Tuesday of this week (5/23/2016) she has to be in court on December 9, 2016. She can't live on the street with a six year old and a fourteen year old. Her husband has a problem with prescription pills, was stealing her pain medications. If there is anything you can do to help, please call my cell phone number, as she is without a phone at this time. The sooner the better. Again I'm trying to help my best friend. Anything will help. Thank you so much for your time in reading my email. I'm just so worried about my friend. Thank again.
Pantene
anti spam: Blue

Re: Missing rent put me into eviction court

Post by Pantene »

I had spinal back injury and could not work. And need to pay the back rent as I had eviction order. I applied for one shot deal and got 3 referral letters for NPO's to help me paying the back rent due to my spinal injuries. I need $1600.00, half will be helped by the HRA NYC and half I have to arrange. Please help me paying me back arrears and I have filled an appeal as I got the judgment of $16000.00 to pay the rent.
But my stay order will be granted only after the full payment of money judgment. I'm by myself and need help in legal and paying my back arrears to avoid the eviction. I have been harassed and discriminated by the landlord inside the court room during the trial and landlord has illegally overcharged me and owes me more money than what I know him as back rent. I really need help please with this court case. If someone could assist me at this crucial time of my life. I'm from New York, Queens.
Schwab

Post by Schwab »

I have been given a three day notice of eviction and need 650 dollars to pay back rent to stop the eviction court from evicting me.
I can pay the money back starting 5/15/17 and within a few months all to be paid back.
I am existing on social security making it very difficult to keep up I am 69 and am no longer able to work full time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The housing court should try to work out a payment plan with you and your landlord, which may include more time to pay the rent, reduce fees, etc. What did the judge say? Maybe there are other options for you too. As maybe a charity or some other group will help. Try them. Read more programs that help with rent.
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

I am really behind on my rent due to unexpected issues. I am now looking for help to help me get caught back up on it and so I can stay caught up and avoid the local eviction at the housing court. I have everything worked out now just need this little bit of help so I don't loose my home. I would appreciate anything. I would be very grateful for the help that I can receive from you. Thank you for your time and help. You are greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, if you can't find funds for paying your rent, there are free legal aid programs for housing court. They will try to ensure you are treated fairly. You can find more information on these services here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... for_t.html
DeeDee wrote: avoid the local eviction at the housing court. I have everything worked out now just need this little bit of help so I don't loose my home. I would appreciate anything. I would be very grateful for the help that I can receive from you. Thank you for your time and help. You are greatly appreciated.
LOVER

Post by LOVER »

Hello. I'm reaching out to you because I am in a situation and I really don’t know where to start. I am currently facing an eviction from my mortgage attorney in the local court. I am going to have to be out of my home soon. I talked with an eviction attorney today and he told me what to expect. But my biggest concern is that I am going to have a hard time finding a new place to move that I can afford before my eviction date in the court. At the moment, in my house I have myself, my fiancé and my 2 children, one boy 12 years old and one girl 5 years old. So I need a 3 bedroom place. And I'm worried about being able to find a place for us to move in time before I/we are evicted. I have been looking for places around the area and most of them require security deposit and 1st months’ rent. Plus a credit check as well as past rental history. I'm not sure if my credit is good enough to be approved for a place. And if I am going to be able to pay for the move as it is very costly. If someone could please point me in the right direction to get assistance or any advice. Thank you in advance. If someone needs to call I work during the day but my fiancé can be reached and she has my full permission to speak on my behalf.
Verbal12

Post by Verbal12 »

I need any help. I can get to pay my rent for this month. I live at the Florence apartments and my rent is $620 a month. I work at speedway and my checks were delayed almost 3 weeks in that time I had to use the part of my rent to cover groceries and the needs of my kids. I haven't had any problems with rent before I'm not on section 8 but my rent was due on the 1st and I have only a little more time to come up with it before it goes to the court for eviction.