Behind on rent due to accident

Find how to get help with rent
KeithUrban
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Behind on rent due to accident

Post by KeithUrban »

I am a stay at home mom to me and my fiancés 12 month old son were in a motorcycle accident which resulted in my fiancé having to take a week off work and he lost his job. We informed our landlord last week of this accident that we would get rent to him ASAP. He said ok and my fiancé has resumed working since and his first check is not enough to pay rent. Just yesterday we received a 5 day or vacate the premises notice and have nowhere to go.
KevinR

Re: Behind on rent due to accident

Post by KevinR »

My boyfriend and I were late on our rent for this month we weren't able to pay until the 18th of this month as we had a car accident. We were late because my boyfriend's step brother passed away and he ended up taking some extra time off. I just received a text from my landlord stating that we could not be late on December's rent whatsoever or we need to find a new place to live. The problem is, since we were so late paying for June, December's rent is due right away on the 5th and we are not going to have enough money to pay all of it.
We are looking for one time emergency assistance to help us cover the portion of rent that we will be short on so we don't get evicted. We aren't sure exactly how short we are going to be because we get paid on the 2nd. To play it safe, our rent is 900$ and we will probably need emergency help for about 700$. We hit a slight road bump but if we can somehow receive help for December we will be right back on track for January. Any help that's offered would be forever appreciated.
We are a young couple in our 20's and we worked really hard to get into our own apartment. Keeping it means everything to us. Thank you for your help. We live in Auburn, WA if that helps.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Behind on rent due to accident

Post by Admin »

If you finance has resumed working, the landlord will more than likely agree to a payment plan. They do not want to the expense of cleaning the home, re-leasing it, etc. As long as you were good tenants we are sure they will allow you time to recover from your accident. So ask them for time to pay you rent. Also look for financial aid too, and find programs here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _rent.html