Going to the courthouse for an eviction

Find how to get help with rent
Gamble Huff
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Going to the courthouse for an eviction

Post by Gamble Huff »

I'm facing imminent eviction as of April 19th. I owe $1050 in rent for two months & $2000 in late charges. My significant other was the head of household but I just found out that he's on drugs & has been lying about our finances. I'm giving our courthouse the answer to the eviction to give me time but I'm afraid it's too late. I'm about to start a part time job but I have nothing, & I need pants & shirts just to start work. I've got an appointment for food stamps today & I'm trying to find help through local churches. I'm looking for help for myself only not anyone else. I'm scared because I have absolutely no where to go...please help.
Selena

Re: Going to the courthouse for an eviction

Post by Selena »

We are a family of 6, myself, I'm 56, my daughter, 27,and 4 children, 11 months, 3, 5, 7. We cannot afford the rent as we both lost our jobs, unemployment ran out and can't seem to find work. We were served with a 3 day notice today and will need to go to court for the eviction. No money. No place to go, we cannot seem to get any help from anyplace!?
We have tried all the resources here in Adelanto, Victorville, and Apple Valley! Nobody seems to be able to help! We are really worried about being out on the streets! Especially with the babies! Can you please give us some kind of resources that can actually help!? It would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Going to the courthouse for an eviction

Post by Admin »

There is free legal aid for evictions. Maybe try the,. But that is 2 working age people in your home. Neither can find a job? Even part time, retail or anything to make a few dollars.
Selena wrote:We are a family of 6, myself, I'm 56, my daughter, 27,and 4 children, 11 months, 3, 5, 7. We cannot afford the rent as we both lost our jobs, unemployment ran out and can't seem to find work. We were served with a 3 day notice today and will need to go to court for the eviction. No money. No place to go, we cannot seem to get any help from anyplace!?
We have tried all the resources here in Adelanto, Victorville, and Apple Valley! Nobody seems to be able to help! We are really worried about being out on the streets! Especially with the babies! Can you please give us some kind of resources that can actually help!? It would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely,