CalWorks and rent

Find how to get help with rent
Cuban Ted
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

CalWorks and rent

Post by Cuban Ted »

Me, my husband and our son are currently going to face eviction because we have not been able to pay rent for the past 2 months. The leasing office gave us a 3 day notice for the month of August, but they haven't given us one for this month, and I've been told that they are in the process of trying to evict us.
Our rent is usually $1677, but there is a $75 late fee, so right now it’s $1752 for August, and then again for September, totaling to $3504 that we are behind in paying. Currently, we just got signed up for CalWORKS and Calfresh, so we aren't making a lot. We are really trying to avoid getting evicted, and we don't know what to do from here, or how to pay the leasing office what we owe them.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: CalWorks and rent

Post by Admin »

There are some state benefits from CalWorks that can be used to stop homelessness. But the applicant does need to be enrolled into it, or food stamps. It is a program that has very limited funding, but you can apply for it. More information is here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... nce_r.html
Sweetie

Re: CalWorks and rent

Post by Sweetie »

My general relief program has been discontinued recently due to the limited months of help. I am able to receive 9 months program. I was also participated on CalWORKs program and subsidized housing that helped me to rent as a tenant. With $500 monthly. I am still looking for a job and most of my benefits including my housing has been discontinued. Please I don't want to sleep in my car again. If there is any type of emergency assistance that can be provided to me before next month’s rental from CalWorks. I will greatly appreciated.