On social security SSI and deposit help

Find how to get help with rent
Andre
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

On social security SSI and deposit help

Post by Andre »

We are looking for assistance with help with paying security deposits etc. when we find a rental that is lower than what we are paying now. We are on Social Security & I have a job that is enough income to cover my medical insurance, medications and other small expenses that our Social Security does not cover. The company I work for is going to be sold sometime in the future and we want to be prepared for this. So I am investigating what is out there to assist us.
Macra

Re: On social security SSI and deposit help

Post by Macra »

Hello, my name is Katrina. I'm in need of some help as I only live on SSI social security. Short rundown of my situation. I have recently been classified disabled due to my hearing loss thus I only live on social security. I was homeless most of this year sleeping from couch to couch. I finally found a home for myself a one bedroom one bath here in Lafayette the rent was $600 as was the deposit.
I only receive $755.00 a month so the landlord has decided to let me pay $475a month a blessing. I thought I was going to get the rest of my back pay this month, but I misunderstood what was happening it's not till January. I had $300 I paid the landlord we put that towards the security deposit and leaving me to pay the $475 rent thinking I was getting that back pay.
Once I found out I wasn't getting it I let my landlord know well she is needing her rent and security deposit money. She has agreed to let me pay the rest of the deposit a little each month with my SSI social security till it's paid off, but my rent must be paid for November or Tuesday morning she is going to Marshalls office for eviction. I'm not sure where to go for help other than smiles, Segura center, progressive and salvation army and they all have no funds telling me to contact my local Churches. I am asking for help in any way to pay this before I end up back on the streets this time with nowhere to go. Please if you can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time and I'm sorry for bothering you with this long text.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: On social security SSI and deposit help

Post by Admin »

There are SSI loans from non-profits and the social security administration. They can be used to pay bills too, including deposits. But be mindful of this approach - it should be a last resort. Find other SSI loans for paying bills.