Late fees and court fees adding up

Find how to get help with rent
Codoleeza
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Late fees and court fees adding up

Post by Codoleeza »

Trying to avoid eviction. I received a warrant of removal Friday, but I was able to have it extended until the 3rd of March. I have two children and a roommate residing with me as well. My roommate and I work and are students but, they have cut many of my hours recently and my roommate was laid off, causing it to be very difficult to catch up. My job said they will eventually bring back my hours but, no answer as to when. I'm calling work constantly to find out if there were any call outs I can fill. I need help to get me on track. The accumulation of late and court fees are what has made it so difficult to catch up.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Late fees and court fees adding up

Post by Admin »

Good for you in pro-actively calling work to get hours! That is great. There are Georgia based eviction assistance programs that you can try. You will probably have a good case to make with everything that you and your roommate are doing. Also, talk to the school for possible financial aid or loans that may be used for your rent to stop the eviction.
Codoleeza wrote:Trying to avoid eviction. I received a warrant of removal Friday, but I was able to have it extended until the 3rd of March. I have two children and a roommate residing with me as well. My roommate and I work and are students but, they have cut many of my hours recently and my roommate was laid off, causing it to be very difficult to catch up. My job said they will eventually bring back my hours but, no answer as to when. I'm calling work constantly to find out if there were any call outs I can fill. I need help to get me on track. The accumulation of late and court fees are what has made it so difficult to catch up.
WorldNews

Post by WorldNews »

Good afternoon, My name is Nikita. I am reaching out to see if I can get some help or even pointed in the right direction to do with late court fees. I have a warrant of removal for my current home in Sicklerville. I have defaulted on a payment plan with my landlord while trying to keep my other bills up to date. I am about 6 days away from having to vacate  my current home with my 3 children.
I do not have any help and cannot borrow money from my family as they have children of their own to provide for. I am at this point looking for help with a security deposit as the 500.00 I have left is going to be spent on hotels so that my children have somewhere to sleep at night. If there is anyone that can help or give me. I need  contact information for someone that can help. I would absolutely appreciate it very much. I do have a full time job so once I get into a place that I can afford there would not be a problem keeping the rent paid but right now I simply do not have the money for a security deposit..... Please help or point me in the right direction with the late fees as well as court costs. Thank you in advance. PLEASE AND THANK YOU.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you have a warrant for your removal, it may be too late to get financial help. But you can try. There are programs out there. One of them is here, at emergency rent help in Montana. Since it is a mostly rural area, you may need to drive a bit to apply. But it is worth a shot Nikita!
WorldNews wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:06 am Good afternoon, My name is Nikita. I am reaching out to see if I can get some help or even pointed in the right direction to do with late court fees. I have a warrant of removal for my current home in Sicklerville.