Past eviction on our record

Find how to get help with rent
Handler
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Past eviction on our record

Post by Handler »

My family has an eviction on our rental history which has made it impossible for us to find a new place to live. We have 5 kids and I'm pregnant and due in a few days. We are currently living in a trailer that doesn't have heat or running water. We need to find a new place to live and I don't know what to do because nobody will rent to us with an eviction on our rental history.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Past eviction on our record

Post by Admin »

Sometimes an attorney can help minimize the impact of an eviction in the past. Or maybe a non-profit credit counseling agency may be able to assist. But a landlord is free to do a credit check, and they do not need to rent to you. But hopefully a legal aid program can help minimize the impact to you. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... dvice.html
Ripa

Post by Ripa »

Eviction prevention needed. I have been struggling with paying my rent for a couple of months. I finally paid them almost 2,000 that I owed with my income tax. Now I still had a balance of $99 but with late fees brought it up to $115.
I have been trying to get my rent lowered because I live in low income housing but they're still charging me $105 + late fees adding to the balance. I already had and I have 0 income and a past eviction from 2 years ago. I only receive food stamps and I have not been getting hours from my employer. I'm soon to get a notice to quit and I'm terrified. I never thought I'd be thinking of being in a shelter again with my family and I'm looking for someone to help keep us out of there.
Stewards

Post by Stewards »

Single mother of 3 little ones, with past eviction issues. I was laid off in March and my ex took advantage of that and kept me trapped at home pregnant with the 3rd child and watching the other 2 by myself 24/7 because he was "working". I find out in June the month before my due date, that he had been cheating and shacking up with a stripper who he had also impregnated, since February.
He then stopped paying rent and by the time I was able to go back to work after having the baby it was too late they had already filed his eviction as the apartment was in his name. Due to it being in his name the final months in the apartment were hell, if he didn’t get his way had pack my stuff up and kick me out. He’s emotionally and mentally abusive and has put his hands on me a couple times, nothing too severe. But he dumped us off on his parents because they felt sorry for what his son had done to me in the 6 years we were together... We were supposed to only be there 2 weeks, as his mom had given him $3000 to get a place, he blew the money on weed and other nonsense.
It’s a single family home, 3 bedrooms. And with all the people and kids in that house it’s an average of14 people in that home at a time. I still have to deal with his threats and trying to steal money from me and always reminded I’m in his parents’ home and he tries to have them kick me out every other day. I can’t take it anymore, I work my butt off to provide as I am the only one who pays for everything for the kids and I.
I have no car, and also have an eviction on my record from 2012. But I am very responsible with money, I make good income and have 2 work at home jobs who are always asking me to come back, only reason I haven’t is as I said 14 people in the house, it’s the farthest thing from quiet working area.
I’m looking for a private owned 2-3 bedroom home around $900 a month around 33604 area zip code as I do still rely on his parents for a ride or picking up the kids from daycare and don’t want to go too far , I just need help because I am trying to move ASAP like tomorrow if possible, jokingly lol But it’s hard when everyone wants app fee/deposit & rent all up from and time is not on my side as I need to be out of this house ASAP to avoid further issues.
As far as child support, my ex has lost his mind and I want to be safe in my own home so then I can apply for child support, I don’t want to be in reach when that bomb is dropped on him because I saw how he acted when his first child`s mother went to start the process and he freaked out. Please if someone can help me I’m desperate, I just need help with the startup fees and then I’d be perfectly fine to maintain any home I was able to get.
Johny tab

Post by Johny tab »

My boyfriend and I were evicted last week for a no cause eviction. It was really because I am pregnant, but I don't feel like we were able to defend our case. Now we have nowhere to go. We both work but with my being pregnant, I'm only able to do so much and we aren't able to afford much. Also having an eviction on our rental history doesn't help. I'm desperately searching for anything that may help. If there's anywhere you can point me to, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time. Have a nice day.
Bird

Post by Bird »

My name is Jasmine. I'm a mother of 5 children. Our lease ended in September where we've been living with friends and family trying to find a place for our family as we have a past eviction on our record. We've been put out more than once by those same people because of my children. We were in a hotel for a month but was told that we have to get two room because of my family size I couldn't afford that. I have an eviction from 2017 that's on my name on my record so it hard to find someone who will rent to me. I found one person will said yes he'll rent to me but we need help with the deposit. Can you please reach out to help us an any way. Tonight, is the first night we have nowhere to go.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

if the eviction was 3 years ago, and if you pay more money for a deposit or have improved your credit scores, it may be more legally to find a new home or apartment. But landlords generally require more of an upfront deposit. But if you are homeless now and in a crisis, it takes time. Anyway find renting when you have been evicted before.
Bird wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:00 pm I have an eviction from 2017 that's on my name on my record so it hard to find someone who will rent to me. I found one person will said yes he'll rent to me but we need help with the deposit. Can you please reach out to help us an any way. Tonight, is the first night we have nowhere to go.
Multiple

Post by Multiple »

We have been homeless living in our car with our 2 daughters and dog. We have money and decent credit, but we have a past eviction on our record preventing us from being accepted anywhere. We have tried to go through private renters but they have turned out to be unreliable and have taken advantage of us. Even going as far to promise us a move in date and then turn around and rent to someone else. This has happened numerous times. It's either that or we wait around for them to get the property to be ready then they keep extending the date. We have wasted money on applications and hotel rooms and its bleeding us dry. We would like a 2 or bedroom so our girls can have separate rooms, but will take a 2 bedroom. We need to stay in Seminole county for work and school. We have tried Harvest Time, F.I.T., DCF and several other programs but have not received any help. If you know of anyone willing to help a family with a past due eviction who just needs a break please let us know. We don't want to spend our Holidays in our car again this year...