Find how to get help with rent
Banana
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Recovering and now sober

Post by Banana »

To Whom It May Concern,
I'm a father of two girls and a husband. My life for the last year and a half was a struggle. I was able to overpower the disease called addiction. I put myself, family, and friends through it as well. I was able to rise above the struggles and prove to myself that I was able to do it. I've reached another struggle during sobriety, and that is jobless. I am currently looking but just because of the set back.
My family and I are struggling financially this month to pay rent. Are rent is 1,495 and is due no later than the 3rd before 5:00pm. Again to when it may concern that's just the icing on the cake being able to go through this sober is hard enough although I commend myself for trudging through. Thank you so much for your time. My family and I are praying for a miracle. Thank you.
Bluecross

Re: Recovering and now sober

Post by Bluecross »

Hello, I'm wondering if you can assist me in finding an organization that can help me. My boyfriend lost his job a few months ago and we are going through a rough patch, but I am now sober from past drug abuse. We owed $1350 to avoid eviction. DHS denied us.
By neglecting all our bills, we came up with $1000. Rent is now due again so we owe $975. He will be bringing in money by the end of the month, but we need the assistance now or we will be taken back to court. Please let me know if there is any group that can assist us. Thank you!
Barrack

Post by Barrack »

I am a single working mother trying to get back on my feet and I am now sober. I just had a baby 6 weeks ago and have 3 older children. I love in my father's house and am trying desperately to get out on my own. Where I'm staying now is not a good environment for me nor my child and want to move into my own place and I need rent help. I have a shad voucher for housing assistance and have a home I found for my children and myself but because I have been out of work for the last 6 weeks I cannot afford to pay the deposit required and water deposit required. I also do not have furniture or food needed.
       I have come a long way in fixing my life, recovering, getting sober and getting my life together for myself and my children but things have been very difficult. I struggled with addiction for many years due to an abusive marriage... I fought very hard to get sober... And now have been clean for 6 years. I work a full time job but haven't started back because I'm on maternity leave.
I am struggling to get the head start I need to start this new life independently with my children.
I got this email and was told to write and ask for assistance. I hope this get me some sort of response. I pray that somebody can help me get the assistance that I need to get established. I have had such a hard fight to get to where I am today. And hope that someone who can financially help me will give me this opportunity that I pray for.
I thank you for taking the time to read this letter. I have never reached out and told my story before about being a recovering alcoholic. It's not exactly easy for me. I hope for something good to come out of me opening up. Any help that you can provide.....I do very much appreciate.
Sincerely,
Bellini

Post by Bellini »

I am Ariana Lopez 35 years old. I used to be a prisoner of drugs and I am recovering now. I made a decision to get sober and redo my life. I did and completed 7 months of rehabilitation. Then I felt ready to be on my own for the first time my life. I used to be very codependent of family or any relationship I was in at the time. Never paid for any bills or rent. They took care of me. So, first time I was able to find a room for rent in Azusa. I decided not to go back home in LA. To avoid old friends, bad things and start a new fresh beginning somewhere else. I stayed near the area I finish my rehabilitation. I have a full-time job at Superior Grocers as a cashier to help me recover my sobriety. I love my job. And got myself a car as well by saving and used all I had to buy a car.
I got sick recently and was hospitalized for having a hemorrhage and it made me short on my rent money due on March 1st of $650. I’m scared to lose my place because I have worked so hard to keep it. I don't want to be homeless again and go back to drugs by being on the streets ever again. I have no family support. I am not dating anyone neither. I’m all alone in this. Help me keep my place. God bless you.